Chuc007

Further Discussion of Mike Whitty's Workman's Compensation Piece

"Then there would be a lot of time and money saved" sounds a conclusion in the article (below) that is closing in on the kill, and I feel is to the detriment of college athletics. The protections afforded us are the university presidents and feckless government officials particularly Congress.  

To say " the college athlete brings nothing in the way of equipment to the workplace" is an assertion I cannot agree with. All they bring to the job is the equipment their body. The stronger and faster, the higher the rating is placed on that equipment. They even bring a brain, of which is in high demand with the newer complicated offenses and defenses.

The athlete has total say, if they bring the right body. It's called merit.

Let the powers that be start a minor league. Professional football would hate it, not only would it lack in attendance therefore money but also it would upset the free ride that universities and tradition have established over the past 100 years plus.

"Supreme Court, Lawyers, Workers Compensation, Income tax, Social security, Medicare" are all buzz words to make it sound important. Do you see the rat hole that we are being dragged into? The players are junior partners in that they are short term participants with established Universities and their traditions and should be treated as such.

NIL money yes (sorry), capped, as partners, not workers.

"I'm from the government and I am here to help you."

FISHDUCK.COM

There’s a lot going on in college athletics that will bring change. Change that will include the competition between schools on the playing fields and in the…

I'm pretty sure most CFB fans today are none too thrilled with the vast changes to the college sports.

Yet everyone agrees that "something" needs to be done. What, exactly, we're not sure, but something. 

In this modern era too many of us have become conditioned to expect government to come up with a solution. 

Seldom are their solutions not more of a problem.

Perhaps this new committee from the B1G and SEC can propose ideas amenable to most. That won't be easy. 

Grandpa Duck's article is just one good man's opinion, and shows just a few things that will need to be addressed. 

In my humble opinion, Pandora's box has indeed been opened for college athletics. No turning back now. So somehow we must press through to find a livable solution.

One thing is certain, everyone will not be pleased or in agreement on the new rules.

• Applause 1