Duckley Palace

Maybe Chip Can Double As The Basketball Coach

After Ohio State fired their guy yesterday. Holtmann signed top classes, but hasn't won a Big Ten road game since January 2022. The athletic director Gene Smith was crying at the podium after announcing the firing.

The guy had 9 conference wins the last two years combined. He has a fifteen million dollar buyout because Smith gave him an extension in '22🤣. I think I would hold off on the tears Gene.

This raises a good question though. Is there the same expectation for OBD on the hard court as the gridiron? 

New AD coming in. Not all that surprising but the guy was B1G COY only a few years ago. 

What have you done for me lately?

I think it's much easier to win a title in basketball than football for smaller programs. But I also think it may be even harder to retain your Star players if your NIL support isn't in place. The one and done rules have really crippled the game imo.

Just let high school kids go pro if they're 18. But if they choose to attend college, enforce the three year rule. Basketball has the G League for it's developmental  players. It's also not as physically taxing as football. 

I hope that the Big Ten, SEC alliance will help fix things like the transfer portal rules, but also hold coaches accountable for contracts they agree to. Accountability is a two way street. Chip Kelly, Dabo Sweeney, or any of the old guard coaches can't complain about players leaving on a whim for better opportunities, when they do the same. Just look at this past coaching cycle in CFB.