NJDuck

Dana Altman and Tony Stubblefield Still "Talking a Lot" About a Potential Return to Oregon for Stubblefield

My personnel opinion is YES PLEASE, make it happen!

Dana Altman says the Ducks are still in discussions on bringing back Tony Stubblefield next season.

Tony Stubblefield is a wanted man in Eugene. The former Oregon assistant coach watched courtside for all three of the Ducks' Pac-12 Tournament Games in Las Vegas as he saw first-hand the Ducks win their way into the NCAA Tournament. Now he's in discussions with Oregon head coach Dana Altman about a return to the program he coached 11 years at.

"We're still talking a lot. But I was really glad he called and said 'Hey, I'm going to come watch you guys, be a part of it,'" said Oregon head coach Dana Altman.

"He was such a big part of our program for 11 years. I love Tony's work ethic. He's a heck of a basketball coach."

247SPORTS.COM

Dana Altman says the Ducks are still in discussions on bringing back Tony Stubblefield next season.

"He's a heck of a basketball coach." That is quite a compliment coming from coach Altman.

Maybe a potential head coach in waiting?

• Thumbs Up 2