candyduck

From Oregon: Gonzaga’s Ben Gregg is Fun To Watch

I'll be honest, I don't pay attention to basketball as much any more outside of tournament time.

I see Ben Gregg from Gonzaga played at Clackamas.  Did Dana and the Ducks ever pursue him?  I selfishly hope he enters the transfer portal and comes back home to play!  Dang he has fun, handles the ball well, looks to have huge bball IQ, and shoots the ball REALLY WELL from anywhere!

The whole portal thing drives me crazy.  In this case I wouldn't have any problems with it.🤣

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Mark Few's coaching squad at Gonzaga has consistently done a phenomenal job of identifying, recruiting, and developing talent for years!

Edited by woundedknees

On 3/23/2024 at 4:53 PM, woundedknees said:

The Mark Few's coaching squad at Gonzaga has consistently done a phenomenal job of identifying, recruiting, and developing talent for years!

Yes Gonzaga and SDSU are two teams I keep an eye on outside of the Ducks.  I've always loved how they crash the boards and are fundamentally sound but still aggressive.  SDSU is my hometown team dating back to Tony Gwynn and Micheal Cage days.

I was just more interested to find out if anyone knew if Altman pursued Gregg out of high school or if he had more interest in Spokane and Gonzaga.  I follow football recruiting more but don't remember Gregg's name popping up in any recruiting conversations.  Bittles name was all over the place around that time.  Would've loved to have seen both of them playing together in an Oregon uniform.

Gregg had also considered Arizona, Oregon, Oregon State, Cal, Colorado, USC, Utah, Tennessee, Indiana, Virginia Tech, St. Mary's, Louisville, Eastern Washington, Princeton, Portland and Texas.  He was able to graduate and enroll at Gonzaga early.

The decision wasn't a surprise, since Gregg told PrepHoops in 2018 that Gonzaga was his "dream school." Ben Gregg was born in Spokane, where his father coached a high school girls' team before moving to Portland in 2008 to coach the Warner Pacific women's team (Ben was 6 years old)

Gonzaga actually didn't offer until fairly late, but Gregg was anxiously willing to wait.  Arizona was probably his No. 2.

He's been playing this season with a lot of injuries

https://archive.ph/FM3d2

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's POY Eddy and the Boilermakers vs the Zags in the Sweet 16. Boilermakers 106. Utah State 67. 

2 B1G teams in the Sweet 16 with Northwestern, in theory, having a chance to beat Bama and move on to the Sweet 16.