Jon Joseph

Stewart Mandel Takes a Deep Dive into Ohio State's 2024 Football Team

I posted this article on the B1G comment site that NJ Duck set up and he does a great job keeping OBD fans up to date on the B1G, but I believe this article by Mandel deserves a separate post.

The majority of off-season prognosticators project the 2024 B1G Championship to come down to a Battle of the Os; Oregon vs. Ohio State. Ohio State has a far easier schedule than OBD in 2024, in and out of conference, but Oregon gets Ohio State at home on October 12th. This game should feature two undefeated teams and could be the marquee game on a weekend of great games: Texas vs. Oklahoma; Ole Miss at LSU; and Penn State at USC. 

A clarification: Will Howard was the All-B12 QB in 2022. Dillon Gabriel was the All-B12 QB in 2023 with Howard finishing 2nd. 

Ohio State was a B1G time recruiting machine before it moved its NIL game up to the level of Division Street. Will the Ducks be able to wrest conference supremacy from Brutus? I know Michigan has had Ohio State's number for the last three seasons but I think Ohio State will turn the tables in 2024, and defeat the Wolverines in Columbus. The Battle of the Os could turn into one of college football's B1Ggest rivalries. 

THEATHLETIC.COM

Ending the Michigan drought will be a baseline expectation for an Ohio State team stacked with talent and experience.

QB battle at Ohio State?

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Ryan Day has Julian Sayin as a player in the mix to be Ohio State's starting quarterback as a true freshman.

Will Sherrone Moore keep the good times rolling in Ann Arbor?

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Michigan, with just three commits, ranks No. 35 in the 2025 Rivals.com Team Recruiting Rankings.