NJDuck

Canzano: Oregon President Karl Scholz Goes 1-on-1

Canzano can't walk away from OSU's poor plight in life.  I highlighted below him asking "What might UO do to help Oregon State?"  I think they've helped themselves plenty in their stealing of millions.

I’m thinking about the 54,000-seat capacity of Autzen Stadium. Your athletic department has sold more than 10,000 new football season tickets for next season. It makes me wonder about Autzen expansion. Have those conversations crossed your desk?

“Of course. I think we had almost a 93 percent renewal rate on season tickets this year. I think we’re close to plus 11,000 new season tickets. We have to look carefully at that. Is that going to be a permanent phenomenon? In which case, we would have to think about expanding Autzen. Or is this, you know, the novelty of joining the Big Ten? Having Ohio State come in? And it falls off? But these are sort of the season ticket sales numbers that we saw in the heyday of coach (Chip) Kelly’s time. It’s something we’ll keep a close eye on. We want, we want to make Oregon Duck football accessible for people who want to experience the game-day experience. Because the game day experience here is incredible.”

EXCLUSIVE: Big Ten move, Phil Knight, Autzen Expansion, and more

EUGENE — Five weeks after the beginning of Karl Scholz’s tenure as campus president the University of Oregon announced it was joining the Big Ten Conference.

I sat down for an interview with Scholz this week at Johnson Hall, the administration building that houses the UO president’s office. It marked the first time Scholz granted a sports-centric 1-on-1 interview and talked publicly about a variety of topics.

What have the last nine months been like? What can Oregon’s president tell us about the Big Ten transition? What might UO do to help Oregon State? Is an expansion of Autzen Stadium coming? Does television have too much influence over major college athletics? And what will the landscape of college athletics look like in 20 years?

Scholz and I sat in his presidential conference room and talked for 40 minutes. At the end of our meeting, the 64-year-old Scholz turned and pointed to a corner of the room and said: “Did you know they filmed a scene from ‘Animal House’ in this room? In fact, that’s the spot where the horse got scared to death.”

A transcript of my Q-and-A with Oregon’s president:

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

EXCLUSIVE: Big Ten move, Phil Knight, Autzen Expansion, and more.

• Applause 1

On 4/24/2024 at 11:15 AM, NJDuck said:

What might UO do to help Oregon State?

Canzano not out of character, not even a little bit...

The answer given by the president to John, in reference to helping helping Oregon State made me want to hurl.

Of course, you must make their problem, our problem!

As if 30 million and rescheduling isn’t enough?

So weak, so....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/24/2024 at 2:20 PM, anyotherduck said:

Canzano not out of character, not even a little bit...

What more can "Oregon" do than hose Lane County and Eugene/Springfield small businesses out of approximately $8M, and cost Oregon merchandise, parking, concessions, etc. income, by handing the Beavers a home game that will be the most-watched game if people can tune in, that OSU will play in 2024? 

The Ducks should show up in Corvallis with an 'S' on the helmet for 'SUCKERS.' 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1