NJDuck

Bill Oram: Sorry, Beavers, It’s Time for Oregon State to be More Like Oregon

Of all the columns I’ve written, few have inspired a bigger response, and none more vitriol, than my suggestion over the weekend that Oregon State missed an opportunity by taking such a casual approach to its spring football showcase.

It mobilized Beavers fans and caused heartburn at the top of the wounded university’s power structure.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The spring game was just a starting point. OSU needs to capitalize on the sympathy of the nation and ask itself, "What would Oregon do?"

Oram's article about the OSU Spring Game brought him hate, and this one will bring even more.  Be like Oregon?  They can't, as they hate us and insist on poor marketing and promotion...which got them to this place. 

The difference in the Spring Games exemplifies the savvy, or lack of it by the athletic administration of each school.  It illustrates why both schools are in the spot they are...and yet Oregon is supposed to help OSU further according to John Canzano?  Over 30 million taken from Oregon over the next ten years, and bailing out their media contract with a Civil War in Corvallis?

I could feel sorry for them if they weren't stealing from us, and they would hate us no matter what we did for them.  The thought of even a fraction of a cent of my State of Oregon tax dollar going to support them makes me ill.

What should we do?

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

The “time” has already passed. You’re going to the MWC no matter how much denial you are in.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sympathy? Outside of the NW, OSU football is unknown. Notre Dame fans did get to watch a Domers Beaver massacre in the Sun Bowl. The game was close before the last note of the National Anthem sounded. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In case anyone may think my post above is a bit cruel....note the actual picture below at a Civil War Baseball game a few years back, taken by FishDuck Photographer Kevin Cline.

OSU Fan_Kevin Cline.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Die Ducks Die! This message is brought to you by Weight Watchers. Corvallis? Where folks 'in shape' go to die?

Does Rob Mullens have any concern at all over what Ducks fans, who have the guts to trip to Resar on 9/14, will face from these unspooled fools? Will anyone be surprised if the Oregon players' buses are rock and rolled or worse? 

Cretin-like decision-making by an Athletic Department being robbed by a bunch of Beavers.

• Applause 1