Jon Joseph

A Shout Out for Oregon's B1G Chances in 2024

CBS Sports says the B1G best look out for the Ducks.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Oregon has one of the most talented rosters in the country but need to improve at the margins

I do not believe that Oregon's move into the B1G will resemble that of the other Newbies. A+M? Oregon will not go 6-2 because the B1G man-up and plays 9 conference games. IMO, the worst case for Oregon in 2024 would be 7-2 in-conference and 10-2 overall. 

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Go Ducks! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

A very nice article indeed, and he brings up some good points--especially about being a few plays away from Lanning being 26-1, instead of 22-5.  Those few plays--make the difference. 

Can Oregon get it done in 2024?

giphy.gif

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

The game that makes me think about the challenges of moving to the B10 isn't actually Ohio St. or Michigan, it's Wisconsin.  I can see Oregon beating either of those teams, getting up for those types of games, it's the game against a good Wisconsin squad, in Madison, late in the season, just before we play UW that makes me worried about the rigors of the B10 schedule that we now have. 

Are we going to be able to meet the challenge of going across the country for a third time, in bitter cold weather and pull out a victory against a program that will probably be chomping at the bit to beat us in our first matchup after the game in the Rose Bowl.

I think we will, but those are the types of games that will be an extra challenge for us going forward I think.  

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/25/2024 at 3:18 PM, spartan2785 said:

it's the game against a good Wisconsin squad, in Madison, late in the season, just before we play UW that makes me worried about the rigors of the B10 schedule that we now have. 

Agreed.

Photos: Wisconsin 49, Illinois 20

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Yikes! 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/25/2024 at 6:24 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Agreed.

Photos: Wisconsin 49, Illinois 20

At Wisconsin will be the 8th game in a row without a break. A week off before the last game of the season makes sense, right?