Jon Joseph

CBS Ranks the B1G Post-Spring

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Here's how teams in the Big Ten stack up now that spring practice is in the rearview mirror

We are Avis. We try harder. No surprise to see the Oregon O behind the Ohio State O. This is the case in every ranking I have seen to date. 

Puddles will have a 'Show Me' chance on October 12, 2024.

SC at No. 5 is my dark horse B1G champion contender and this ranking does not surprise me. With Penn State playing SC in LA and the turnover on offense at Michigan, I think SC could have been No. 3 on the list. I know that many OBD members understandably, disagree with my opinion of SC.

Edited by Jon Joseph

If UW finishes 6th the conference should be embarrassed. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

USuCk on paper should be a much more well rounded team than last season; even losing Caleb Williams. They will probably have a serviceable defense. If this was the PAC I might give them and Oregon the highest odds to win. However, this is the B1G. SC has an absolute meat grinder of a schedule this season. I give myself better odds at winning Powerball than I do USC to win the conference.

Oregon has built itself into a physical, yet skilled team, in order to play in a physical conference. USC has simply tried to make itself more closely resemble its successful teams of old. FYI USC...those teams still played in the PAC! The B1G is going to gnaw the meat right off their bones; and without sufficient depth to replace losses to injury, this team will be relegated to another 8-5 season.

• Thumbs Up 1