NJDuck

2024 BIG Info, Predictions, Etc. - 4

From now on, except for a very few circumstances, our threads will be just one page. Advertising only appears on the first page and we want to make as much money as possible for the site. 

The bonus in doing this is that it will be easier for everyone to move around the thread.

This thread will be continuous, but as we reach the page limit will start a new post.  Click Right Here to go to the older post to read past articles.

Early 2024 Heisman Trophy Predictions and Sleepers

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

The race for the 2024 Heisman Trophy is set to feature a fresh cast of candidates around college football. Jayden Daniels brought home the honor in 2023 but…

Oregon Football's New Injury Report Policy Amid Big Ten Conference Move

As part of Oregon football's transition to the Big Ten Conference, the Ducks will have to start filling out injury reports.

WWW.SI.COM

EUGENE - Everyone knows injuries are part of the game in football. As physical a sport as it is, every team is bound to face some adversity through players gett

• Wow 1

Betting lines released for handful of Oregon football games in 2024 season

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks are early favorites in a handful of games going into 2024, according to Draft Kings.

College Football: Top 10 quarterback rooms ahead of the 2024 season

WWW.PFF.COM

Carson Beck headlines Georgia's top-ranked quarterback room ahead of the 2024 college football season.

• Thanks 1

Only 'sometimes?'

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The SEC commissioner has become more agitated in recent months and was set off by a question Thursday about his experience with the NCAA

• Like 1

Give me 5! No. 5 on possible chaos in 2024 CFB.

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

What happens if we get a smaller school breaking through as a Cinderella in the first year of the 12-team Playoff?

I hope B1G Commish Tony P. is paying attention.

WWW.OUTKICK.COM

The SEC needs to go to a nine-conference game schedule for the good of the entire conference.

SEC will play 64 OOC games in 2024 and the majority put the cake into the cup. 

Mizzou - The Massachusetts Daily Double - BC and UMass + Murray State and the Buffalo Bulls, not Bills. 

Ole Miss - Playing at Wake Forest is as tough as it gets, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon legend Jonathan Stewart ranks his top position groups on Ducks' 2024 roster

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Jonathan Stewart had a clear-cut No. 1 position group in his latest rankings ahead of the season.

It Ju$t Mean$ More. It'$ the $EC. Where our $tuff is $weeter than your $tuff. Then again, if you get 4 to 5 PO invites playing 8 game$, why move to 9? 

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

DESTIN, Fla. — The SEC office hasn’t given up trying to get more money from ESPN in exchange for adding a ninth conference game. SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said the conference had...

• Thumbs Up 1

If you have to tell people you are relevant, are you relevant?

WWW.ESPN.COM

Big 12 schools will share in a record $470 million of revenue distribution, the conference announced Friday when wrapping up its first spring meetings as a 14-team league and before growing...

How about a Big (12) NO!

Ann better get busy in the Arbor.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Michigan would like its national championship to begin to generate some momentum

No. 3 in returning production. 247 Sports best OL in 2024. I am happy that these Cowboys are not riding into Eugene until 2025.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Mike Gundy's Cowboys have played for two of the last three Big 12 championships

Make or break in 2024? 9/21 Utah, 9/28 at K State. No Arizona and no Kansas on the schedule. Blown out by Texas in the 2023 B12 title game but defeated Texas A+M in its bowl game.

Another CFB 2024 Chaos Take.

There's a world in which the most noteworthy injury in college football is Texas QB Quinn Ewers giving way to Arch Manning.

Hammerin' the B1G: 5 candidates to lead the Big Ten in rushing for 2024

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

The Big Ten will have no shortage of star power at running back in 2024. Here are 5 players capable of winning the league's rushing title this fall.

Dear Rob, please note that Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State, do not go on the road to play G5 opponents. To wit:

WWW.MAIZENBREW.COM

All the matchups announced through 2034 for the Michigan Wolverines.

• Applause 1

The season being less than 100 days away gives me a B1G Rush.

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

The Big Ten will have no shortage of star power at running back in 2024. Here are 5 players capable of winning the league's rushing title this fall.

Is it OK for me to say: Go JJ!

Ranking players 11-20 on Oregon's 2024 football roster

Here is a rundown of a ranking of players 11-20 on this year's Oregon football roster.

Today, I've ranked players 11-20 on this year's football roster. These rankings are completely subjective. They are based upon previous on-field accomplishments, what we learned this spring and what we project the fall to look like. 

247SPORTS.COM

Here is a rundown of a ranking of players 11-20 on this year's Oregon football roster.

Oregon Football Has 'Loaded, Best Defense In the Country' Says Receiver Tez Johnson

Oregon Ducks football's identity in 2024? The "loaded" and "best defense in the country," says Oregon wide receiver Tez Johnson in an exclusive interview with Bri Amaranthus.

WWW.SI.COM

The identity of the 2024 Oregon football team is simple, yet scary. Defensive-minded Oregon coach Dan Lanning and defensive coordinator Tosh Lupoi are cooking u

Coaches who are in line to win their first CFB Natty.

FANSIDED.COM

With Nick Saban retiring and Jim Harbaugh returning to the NFL, only three active college football head coaches have won a national championship at the FBS leve

5 locks in the next 10 years. Does this leave enough room for Georgia and Bama? Where will FSU and Clemson be playing ball in the next decade? If it's in the SEC will Norvell be able to take the Seminoles into, let alone win, the playoffs 

Questions for 10 of CFB's best QBs in 2024. Yes, DG is on the list.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

Pop quiz, hot shot. Questions for 10 of the elite quarterbacks in college football for the 2024 season.

DG and 'Stewie,' and a former Husky, yuck, yuck, are on the list.

WWW.SBNATION.COM

Big Ten newcomers who will make the biggest impact, ranked.

Howard? He would have been the back up if he stayed at K State and is not certain of starting for the Buckeyes.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Wow 1

Ranking Best Big Ten Secondaries: Oregon Ducks vs. Ohio State, Iowa Hawkeyes

Where does Oregon Football's secondary stack up against the best in the Big Ten Conference?

WWW.SI.COM

The Big Ten Conference is expanding in 2024 and with that expansion comes some of the best passing teams in the nation. Oregon, Washington, and USC were among t

• Applause 1

Not B1G but I love these potential CFB chaos takes.

There's a major ripple effect if Billy Napier gets fired, and not just because Florida would be a coveted vacancy.

We'll see these guys on 9/28/24. Puddles goes to Hollywood (or, at least Pasadena,)

https://collegefootballnews.com/news/ucla-college-football-preview-best-players-top-transfers-season-prediction-win-total-2024

Athlon Sports ranks Oregon Ducks QB room among top in Big Ten Conference

As their preview for the season, Athlon Sports put out their position group rankings for each conference. We looked at the Big Ten, and checked where Athlon put the Oregon quarterback room as compared to their new conference rivals.

Here’s a look:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

It’s hard to top Oregon’s QB room going into 2024 when it comes to best in the Big Ten Conference.

Film Room Friday: Michigan's Mason Graham and Oregon's Josh Conerly Jr.

I am continuing to try some new things this summer. Each of the past three years, I have spent more and more time watching film. I am still a bit of a novice, but I have watched enough football to know what I am looking for a lot of the time.

As we head into the heart of summer scouting, I wanted to find a way to do some deeper dives on prospects I am watching each week, leading us to Film Room Fridays. Each week, I am going to break down a couple of prospects I have been watching and include some embedded highlights that I have cut together and shared on Twitter. The goal is to provide a visual element to the written analysis.

WITHTHEFIRSTPICK.COM

I am continuing to try some new things this summer. Each of the past three years, I have spent more and more time watching film. I am still a bit of a novice, b

• Applause 1

College Wire ranks the B1G as the conference with the second most difficult SOS in 2024.

The SEC is, of course, the hardest place to play your ball. 

'Iron sharpens iron," right? The 4th out-of-conference game vs, The East-West-North-South Lilliputians is a real iron sharpener.

Playing 8 conference games is justified because 'No one plays D like we do in the SEC.'

9/30/23 - Ole Miss 55 - LSU 46 

10/7/23 - LSU 49 - Missouri 39 

11/11/23 - Georgia 52 - Ole Miss - 17

None of the three games went into OT.

'Iron sharpens iron!'

Missouri 2024 OOC Schedule - Murray State, Buffalo Bulls (not Bills,) Boston College, and UMass.

Ole Miss 2024 OOC Schedule - Furman (Is Old Trapper the Fur Man mascot?), Middle Tennessee, Wake Forest, and Georgia Southern

Auburn 2024 OOC Schedule - Alabama (not Texas) A+M, Cal, New Mexico (Meow, Mexico?), and UL Monroe (Distant cousin, 38 x removed, of President James Monroe.) 

ESPN's super-secret decoder ring needed Fallacious Proposterious Index has 11 (out of 18) SEC teams ranked in the Top 20, the SEC could probably play six conference games and have a robust strength-of-schedule. The preseason FPI rankings would give us a playoff field with 5 SEC and 3 B1G teams.

If playing 8 and not 9 conference games tilts the Playoff in the SEC's direction, then notwithstanding the SEC being the BCS and the 4-team playoff top dogs, the B1G and the B12 will need to step up and be counted.

COLLEGESPORTSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Breaking down some of the numbers from the latest FPI.

The P4 in my opinion should all play 9 conference games and if Notre Dame wants to stay independent and be playoff-eligible the Domers should play 13 regular season games.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

Would The Rose Bowl be The Rose Bowl with the game kicking off at 5:30 PM Pacific on a Monday night? 

A problem CFB has is fitting its playoff games into the latter part of the NFL regular season and the beginning of the NFL playoffs. 

Start the season in Week 0, eliminate conference champ games, one bye week in Week Six or Week Seven, and the Rose Bowl could host the Champ game on New Year's Day. But both ESPN and Fox would want a rebate from the loss of the SEC and B1G champs games. I expect the ACC/SEC would want the title game to alternate between the Rose and Sugar Bowls.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

The College Football Playoff released its schedule for the 2024-25 postseason on Wednesday with the new 12-team bracket format offering head-scratching assignments for the so-called New...

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Ohio State's schedule includes a few obvious challenges. What other teams could present a test, and which games will be a cakewalk in the fall?

Oregon is a Perfect 10!

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Go Ducks! 1

Oregon is considered to be a tougher opponent for Michigan than USC. Yes!

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Michigan is expected to be in the mix to reach the College Football Playoff again in 2024.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Interesting, but not surprised, Ohio St. does not make his list.

Greg McElroy ranks top 10 quarterbacks in college football for 2024

WWW.ON3.COM

ESPN analyst Greg McElroy ranked his top 10 quarterbacks in 2024 as the offseason continues on through the summer months.

On 6/7/2024 at 4:57 PM, NJDuck said:

Interesting, but not surprised, Ohio St. does not make his list.

Greg McElroy ranks top 10 quarterbacks in college football for 2024

WWW.ON3.COM

ESPN analyst Greg McElroy ranked his top 10 quarterbacks in 2024 as the offseason continues on through the summer months.

A B1G reason for Howard transferring out of K State, he wasn't likely to start. There is a lot of young talent in the Buckeyes QB room but it is very young talent. 

Will any Buckeyes QB be better than McCord last season? QB could be a comparative weak spot for Ohio State this season.

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am not a fan of FPI but I would be fine with Oregon defeating Ohio State in the B1G champ game.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/espn-fpi-predicts-oregon-ducks-win-big-ten-championship

• Thumbs Up 1

Athlon Sports ranks every Big Ten O-line for the 2024 season

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks have one of the top offensive lines in the Big Ten going into the 2024 season, according to Athlon Sports.

• Thanks 1

I'm awaiting the ranking of college football's Best Barista, Chef, and Massuse who can be found in Power 2 locker rooms. 

It's a loooooooong off season. 😍

Seriously NJ, thanks for all of the great posts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Athlon Sports ranks Oregon Ducks WR room among top in Big Ten Conference

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks’ WR group is among the best in the Big Ten going into the 2024 season.

FPI? Sigh. 

College Football News has ranked 134 eligible playoff teams and also ranked 134 teams by strength of schedule (SOS). 

Oregon is ranked No. 4. Oregon's SOS is ranked No. 11.

Ohio State is ranked No. 1. Ohio State's SOS is ranked 57. 

But Oregon has the easier path to the playoffs? GIGO!

AUTZENZOO.COM

New to the Big Ten but not new to fielding really strong football teams, the Oregon Ducks apparently have a pretty good shot of making it to the College Footbal

• Wow 1

Playoff expansion winners and losers.

WWW.MAIZENBREW.COM

James Franklin might just be the biggest winner of all.

Before the Committee produces its final 2024 season ranking and the first 12-team playoff seeding, it is fun to predict PO winners and losers. However, before we know how the Committee will deal with SOS in a mega-conference PO era, all projections are shots in the dark.

True Frosh Predicted to come through in 2024.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Our best guess at the top impact freshman for powers like Georgia, Texas and Ohio State

If you are going to get hammered, get hammered B1G.

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

The Big Ten has some new faces in the head coaching ranks looking to get off on the right foot. Certain games will go a long way in shaping their early future.

B1G ask for Danno, beat Ohio State.

Edited by Jon Joseph