NJDuck

Joel Klatt's 10 Games Most Likely to Shape the 2024 College Football Season

Oregon beating Ohio State will set the bar in the BIG.  This will give Oregon the leg up it needs, pushing pressure on the Buckeyes to play catch up.

As we usher in this new era of college football, there are 10 games that I believe will most likely shape the season (and possibly the sport). Let's take a look at those 10 games in chronological order.

WWW.FOXSPORTS.COM

Joel Klatt shared his 10 matchups that are most likely to shape the 2024 college football season, starting with a Big Ten-SEC showdown.

I guess I have to admit that the one true "value" of now playing on one of the two "super conferences" is the fact that we will now be getting 3-5 marquee games a year, compared to the 1-3 we were use to getting in the conference formally known as the PAC.

I will definitely enjoy the level of competition but also have to adjust my expectations that a good regular season will now be 9-3 or 10-2 with the great seasons being one lossers.  Going to be very difficult FOR ANY team (even those teams that insist on only playing eight conference games) to go undefeated in the new power conference dynamics.  

That being said, I do believe the Duck Football Program has moved into a perennial top ten program with an annual expectation of playing in (and eventually WINNING) the college football playoffs.  GO DUCKS!

Edited by MicroBurst61
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks, again, for the post NJ. 

Week 1 - USC vs LSU in Las Vegas. Fanduel - LSU - 6.5. Joel does not inform us that this game will be broadcast on ABC, one of the reasons why USC tried to back out of this game. Fox did not want USC's opening game as a B1G team to be broadcast anywhere other than Fox. 

Other Week 1 games with a PO impact, are Clemson vs Georgia - Atlanta, and Notre Dame at Texas A+M. 

Week 2 - Texas at Michigan - Fanduel - Texas -3.5. Not so fast Longhorns. The DL and WR corps lost a ton of talent. In theory, Sark has portal-plugged these gaps. But playing the second game of the season with new receivers vs. a quality defense on the road?

Joel made certain to let us know that Fox will be broadcasting this Big Noon game. An 11 AM Central time KO for the Longhorns. 

Week 5 - Georgia at Bama. UGA plays Clemson, Tennessee and at Kentucky, before having a Week 4 idle week. Bama is also idle in Week 4 having played Western Kentucky, USF, and at Wisconsin.

Week 7 - Ohio State at Oregon - "Oregon is one of four of 2024's great teams." Joel, I hope it is so. 

Week 8 - Georgia at Texas. What is going on in Birmingham? Mizzou and Texas with much easier schedules than Georgia. Blasphemy!

And scheduling this game the same weekend as a Grand Prix event? If you don't have 14K to 18K for a 'decent' hotel room in Austin, plan on staying in El Paso.  

Week 9 - Missouri at Alabama. One of the 3 games in MO.'s '3-game season.' The other two are at A+M and Oklahoma. These Tigers are close to a lock to go 10-2. Finish 10-2 or better in the B1G or the SEC and you will probably be a playoff participant.

Week 10 - Michigan at Ohio State. The most watched CFB game in 2023 with 19.1M viewers.  The Game in 2024 should exceed last season's viewership. 

Let's Get It On!