NJDuck

Ohio State and Oregon had NIL Budgets of $23 Million, says Nebraska AD

🤔 Nebraska AD Troy Dannen's vision of the future might just be too good to be true.

🤨 "In the budget of our athletic department right now, we have a $20 million placeholder in two years to share money with our athletes. It's in the budget right now. There's three schools in the country, I think, that have that in their budget right now: Georgia, Texas and us."

https://footballscoop.com/news/ohio-state-and-oregon-had-nil-budgets-of-23-million-says-nebraska-ad

Nebraska hasn't been upper tier since they left the Texas 12. Oregon has been better before NIL, it's just gotten even further ahead. Is that Oregon's fault, or more like Nebraska's money men? I'll hang up and wait for a Husker response.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nebraska was an AAU member institution when invited to join the B1G. Today, the B1G is comprised of 17 AAU member institutions and Nebraska. Today, Nebraska would not be invited to join the B1G.

In 2023, Nebraska finished 24th in the Nielson rankings with 2,637M viewers on average for 12 regular season games. At 5-7, the Cornhuskers did not go bowling. 

In 2023, Utah finished 25th in the Nielson rankings with 2,616 viewers on average for 12 regular season games. Utah went bowling and was upset by Northwestern in the Las Vegas Bowl. Utah is an AAU member institution. 

Nebraska's AD, Troy Dannen, was the AD at UW for less than six months before leaving for Nebraska. Dannen was replaced by Wazzu's AD, Pat Chun. Trev Alberts who played his college football at Nebraska, left Lincoln for A+M. The A+M AD, Ross Bjork resigned and on July 1st will officially replace Ohio State AD Gene Smith. 

Is there an AD Transfer Portal? 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wonder how much Nebraska paid Suh before NIL?

On 6/11/2024 at 1:51 AM, Duckley Palace said:

Nebraska hasn't been upper tier since they left the Texas 12. Oregon has been better before NIL, it's just gotten even further ahead. Is that Oregon's fault, or more like Nebraska's money men? I'll hang up and wait for a Husker response.

I think a big part of Nebraska's problem is that talent isn't afraid of distance as much as they used to be. 

Texas and Midwestern talent would go to Nebraska because it was a rather close destination for a good program (they were good back then). 

Now if you're a Texas or Midwestern kid and you're offered Nebraska or Oregon which might you consider?

Especially if you didn't grow up a big Nebraska fan. 

The 2 Os showed Portal Picking Prowess.

WWW.MAIZENBREW.COM

There has been a lot of movement in the Big Ten this offseason, and we’re here to recap it all!