EastBayDuckDad

Oregon and Georgia With the Most 2024 Top24/7 Blue Chips

247SPORTS.COM

These recruiting powerhouses are set up for success in 2024 and beyond.

Georgia led the pack with 18. Oregon next with 15 and tops in the B1G. Better than every SEC team not called the Bulldogs as well. Ohio St at #4 with 12.

Pretty well established that you don't win a NC without a blue chip roster.

Those other ex-Pac12 teams that were prematurely gloating about Oregon losing their coach to Bama?

U$C.......6

Fusky........0, Zip, Nada, Bupkis

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Meh.  It is simply promotion for the 247 rating system, whereas the Rivals is tougher, and consistent over the last 25 years.  For comparison to the past--you cannot with 247, because their data was purchased with the buyout of Scout.com, who was owned by a Husky.

When Scout.com was in existence...it was routine for a 4-Star Oregon verbal to suddenly lose a star to 3-Star, and a 3-Star who committed to the Huskies move up to 4-Star.  For those who were around at that time--we were beyond getting indignant of angry because it happened so often that we would "wait for the stars to drop" when a recruit verballed to Oregon.

Thus I cannot and will not ever use 247 data for historical reference.  When I say that this WAS the best recruiting year ever in Oregon history in terms of the most Rivals 4/5-Star players who signed with Oregon, it has relevance, because the historical data is reliable and not corrupted by a venomous Husky at Scout.com.

Once in a while I have to explain why I use Rivals...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck