Charles Fischer

Oregon Nabs Two Pitchers From the Portal, and Some Perspective...

First...I know everyone is pretty frustrated with how the Oregon Baseball season ended. Up 8-4 going into the bottom of the seventh inning in the second game against Texas A&M, and our pitchers just collapsed.  But know that the Aggies just barely missed winning the 'Natty, as they lost 6-5 to Tennessee in the third game last night.  The Ducks had a great shot at a third game with TAMU, and who knows?

Know that there are 300 Division 1 Baseball teams; to make the Super-Regionals puts you in the top 5% of all the college Baseball teams.  THAT is what Waz has done; for two straight seasons he has coached Oregon into the top-5% of college Baseball.

That doesn't suck.

Oregon got a portal transfer pitcher from California Baptist yesterday with a 4.41 ERA last year, and another today from Oklahoma State with an ERA of 3.37, although he might leave in the MLB Draft coming up.  The point is--Waz is working hard to fix our issue, and if we get some luck with injury recovery--we could be in great shape next year.

It is also unknown if RJ Gordon is going to return as he is draft eligible.  But his 5.13 ERA is not great, and is not MLB material with all the pitchers in this category, IMHO.  I believe he and Our Beloved Ducks would be best served if he returned, and got his ERA down.  This was his first year back from injury, and I believe he could.

More about the transfer....

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon lands another player out of the transfer portal; this time, its top-150 draft prospect, Janzen Keisel.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Charles, thanks so much for being The Beacon of Oregon Baseball. 👍😊

• Thanks 2

On 6/25/2024 at 10:14 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Charles, thanks so much for being The Beacon of Oregon Baseball. 👍😊

Both Oregon and Oregon State were in the Top-5% this year...

giphy.gif

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck