Charles Fischer

Cristobal Explanations for Special Teams Errors

My FishDuck Friends....sometimes Our Beloved Ducks make mistakes, especially in the heat-of-battle.  We make them, and yet the star Tight End for the opponent drops a key pass; mistakes  happen to both sides.  But this is great information that I appreciate from Coach Cristobal.

Question: You guys have been so consistent on special teams, but a couple of mistakes there. On the punt block, can you help diagnose what happened there, and then was there an issues with the snap on Camden’s extra point? He’s just been so consistent. I was curious if anything took place there.

Cristobal: "None at all. The blocked punt is inexcusable. Miscount by the shield. The right shield. It’s a very simple count and just miscounted it. Really really upset with that one, but we’ll fix it. At the end of the day if we didn’t get it done, we’ve got to take that on as an entire organization to get better at it.

The missed extra point was just, hit it poorly. Bottom line. He followed that by a kickoff that uncharacteristically went out of bounds. Now, what did we see after that? A really good extra point that split the uprights and we saw a ball get kicked eight yards deep in the end zone. You never want mistakes. We know that. But you also want to see the type of response you get out of a player. I thought Cam responded really well after the missed extra point."  

From 247 on interception in the end zone.  10/25/2021   Erik Skopil

Camden Lewis at Pac-12 Championship_Craig Strobeck.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck