NJDuck

2024 CFB Playoff Information, Predictions, Schedules, Etc. (3)

You may not have noticed the menu bar in the header.  There is a new item called “News.”  We invited you to explore this section.

When you click on the word “News,” you will see an index of multiple links to sports news sites for your enjoyment!

From now on, except for a very few circumstances, our threads will be just one page. Advertising only appears on the first page and we want to make as much money as possible for the site.  The bonus in doing this is that it will be easier for everyone to move around the thread.

You will always be able to refer to the previous thread for reference.  To see the previous thread for this topic click Here.

This Thread is for News Articles ONLY.  You can always start a new thread with any of these articles for discussion.

Reported from Jon Joseph:

The Athletic's ($ wall) Austin Mock has a revised Playoff field up after (almost) Week 1 and adjusted odds for teams to make the PO. 

OBD drops from No. 5 to No. 6 behind Texas. 1st round vs 11 K State in Autzen with the winner to face Utah in the Fiesta Bowl. Ohio State and Penn State would be the other B1G teams in the field; Michigan is given a 30% chance.

After yesterday's impressive defeat of Florida in The Swamp, Miami is predicted to win the ACC, a conference that had a bad day. Ask, 'Who needs transfers?' Dabo. My Dark Horse to win the ACC, VA Tech lost in OT vs Vandy. 😒

Week 1 with the SC vs LSU game remaining to be played, the B1G is 16-1; the SEC is 13-2. 

Top 10 PO Odds -

Georgia - 87%

Ohio State - 86%

OREGON - 77% - As Stewart Mandel noted, the score of the Idaho game did not reflect the Ducks statistical dominance.

Texas - 77%

Penn State - 74% - A very impressive win at West Virginia. Take that McAfee. 

Notre Dame - 72% - After a gutty win vs A+M Notre Dame is favored to win the rest of the games on its schedule. A 62% chance of defeating USC is the closest future win % for the Domers.

Alabama - 66% - An Alabama head coach smiling on the sidelines! Blasphemy!

LSU - 56% - The Tigers play Bama, Ole Miss, and Oklahoma in Baton Rouge. Play at A+M that had no O yesterday. Miss Tennessee and Texas. -4.5 vs USC.

Utah - 55% - The opponent was a lightweight but Rising looked good. 

Kansas State - 49%

Do not abandon the good ship Puddles - Bust the Broncos!

It's a G5 Opponent but it's a B1G Game and Boise's 2024 Super Bowl.

FANSIDED.COM

Week 1 saw the virtual elimination of one Top 10 team. Could others be in danger of the same fate on Saturday?

You never, ever schedule Boise State will not be the case this Saturday.

The Week 3 AP Poll Playoff. Grab a Bowl of Grits to go with that Rebel Yell Bourbon. 

Sugar Bowl - 1. Georgia vs 9. Tennessee at 8. Missouri (The Vols have a beat-down win vs. P4 NC State in Charlotte. Mizzou has two home wins vs. FCS Murray State and G5 Buffalo - Bulls, not Bills. But TN would play in CoMo? An all-SEC bracket.)

Fiesta Bowl - 4. Utah vs. 12. Northern Illinois at 5. Texas. (5-seed Texas would be at least a 10-point Fiesta Bowl favorite over 4-seed Utah.) 

Rose Bowl - 2. Ohio State vs. 10 Penn State at 7. Ole Miss (10 Penn State has a road win vs P4 West Virginia. Ole Miss has two home wins vs. D2 Furman and Middle Tennessee.)

Peach Bowl - 3. Miami vs. 11. OREGON at 6. Alabama. The Ducks keep winning games and dropping in the rankings. At the end of the 3rd quarter Saturday in Tuscaloosa it was Bama 14 and USF 13.)

6 SEC Teams. 3 B1G teams. 1 ACC, B12, G5. With 50% of the field, the SEC and not the B1G would be looking at a big payday. The SEC will again play 8 conference games in 2025.

I wish I was in the Land of Cotton. All 4 1st-round games would be hosted by SEC schools which would give the Playoff a nationwide interest, right? SEC runner-up Texas would be a 5-seed. B1G runner-up Penn State would be a 10-seed. Both schools would have played a more difficult schedule than 3-seed Miami and 4-seed Utah. 

I understand Georgia and Texas with impressive wins vs. ranked P4 opponents being ranked one and two. And Tennessee would deserve to be in the top five. But Bama, Ole Miss, and Mizzou have no significant wins. This week, Bama plays at 36 Wisconsin, and Mizzou plays 25 BC, a team ranked 25 because it defeated 0-2 FSU 😒. And Ole Miss faces a brutal road challenge at Wake Forest. 

But, before 12/8/24, it just means more; however, it's only a movie. 😁

We Want Bama - In Tuscaloosa?

WWW.SI.COM

With the 12-team playoff format beginning this year, the Oregon Ducks would still compete for a championship if they finished the season ranked No. 9, the team’

This is only from the Athletics, only his opinion.

College Football Playoff 2024 projections: Oregon in, Nebraska out after Week 3

Hello, and welcome to my weekly College Football Playoff bracket. I’ll be updating every week based on new results. They are based solely on my own opinions and likely will differ from Austin Mock’s much smarter, scientifically based projections. Also, be sure to check out David Ubben’s Bubble Watch.

My Big Ten (Ohio State), SEC (Georgia) and ACC (Miami) champs remain the same, but my Big 12 pick might change by the week. I elevated Kansas State to the No. 4 seed this week after its impressive rout of Arizona on Friday.

I saw what I needed from Oregon in its blowout of rival Oregon State to bring the Ducks back into the field. I have them as the No. 7 seed and bumped another Big Ten team, Penn State, to No. 10.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Who should be in the 12-team Playoff after Week 3? Stewart Mandel makes his picks.

Oregon Ducks solidify spot in US LBM Coaches Poll after big Civil War victory

Although the Ducks are still No. 6 in the poll, they received more votes, barely holding back Tennessee at No. 7. Oregon answered a lot of questions on Saturday and the perception of the Ducks have changed from “what’s wrong with the Ducks,” to “Oregon is a playoff contender once again.”

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

After the Ducks’ big 49-14 Civil War win over the Beavers, Oregon stayed at No. 6 in the US LBM Coaches poll.

AP TOP 25 COLLEGE FOOTBALL POLL

APNEWS.COM

The official page for the AP Top 25 college football poll, a tradition since 1936. Keep up to date and view the latest ranking updates each week.

ESPN playoff predictions... We want 'Bama

Would love to finally beat Kalen et al.