FishDuck Article

Power Ranking the Old Pac-12

The old Pac-12 is dead and gone with its teams scattered across the country. But let’s pretend for a moment the old Pac-12 still exists and take the time to rank them. I pulled Mr. FishDuck from his fun at slot games online because he had some strong opinions about these rankings, so let’s take a look. 12. UCLA (1-2): ...

FISHDUCK.COM

The old Pac-12 is dead and gone with its teams scattered across the country. But let’s pretend for a moment the old Pac-12 still exists and take...

• Applause 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

It is hard to see Colorado so high on the list, next to Miami, they annoy me more than any other team. Lanning was right when he said, "they play for clicks!". It truly doesn't matter if Prime wins. They're the Dallas Cowboys, who haven't advanced past the 1st round since 1995, but the $$$ and publicity pour in.

Shedeur  Sanders and Travis Hunter aren't just the stars of the team, they are the team, . Hunter playing both ways is less about his talent and more about the immense lack of depth. Prime was a Hall of Fame Player, arguably the best Corner to ever play, but he's sub-500 as a coach at Colorado so far, and his seat isn't even warm. 

Wow. I agree with every ranking 😅 still thinking about that SJSU Wazzu game! What a barn burner. 

On 9/26/2024 at 6:47 AM, 30Duck said:

It is hard to see Colorado so high on the list, next to Miami, they annoy me more than any other team. Lanning was right when he said, "they play for clicks!". It truly doesn't matter if Prime wins. They're the Dallas Cowboys, who haven't advanced past the 1st round since 1995, but the $$$ and publicity pour in.

Shedeur  Sanders and Travis Hunter aren't just the stars of the team, they are the team, . Hunter playing both ways is less about his talent and more about the immense lack of depth. Prime was a Hall of Fame Player, arguably the best Corner to ever play, but he's sub-500 as a coach at Colorado so far, and his seat isn't even warm. 

Sanders is in year two at Colorado and he did increase their win total by a good margin in his first year from the previous year. It's normal for any coach in that position to have a cool seat. 

But I'd be shocked with Sheduer makes it through the season without some sort of game affecting injury. 

If the sacks keep coming his body won't stand up to it all. 

David, good ratings.  But I don't think that "this Saturday, we will get to enjoy one of them when Oregon takes on UCLA, and that game should help to determine if I have some of these rankings correct.

You nailed 12 and 1.

Fun article!

But yes, being kind to OSU imo. I’d put OSU at #7, slot in Cal at #4 given they have a road win against the SEC. Rest of the sequence I agree with for sure.

On 9/26/2024 at 9:24 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

slot in Cal at #4 given they have a road win against the SEC.

Cal is the team that I do think they have the most potential and the most to prove. Cal would be a lot higher if they beat FSU who doesn't look all that good. 

As always with my power rankings which I have posted in the past though always as a Forum post and not an article, these are snapshot in time. 

In a week or two I think that Cal rises up these rankings and OSU may fall a bit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Totally. WSU will potentially be volatile this week with BSU on the immediate horizon. I’m guessing they get stomped pretty hard, and of course, UW lost to WSU, sooo.

Updated based on this weekend. 

12. UCLA - beat by Oregon

11. Stanford - showed some spirit but lost to Clemson. 

10. Utah - no Rising... That's a problem. 

9. Washington - they lost to Rutgers 

8. Washington State - demolished by BSU

7. Arizona - beat Utah

6. ASU

5. Cal - their loss to FSU looked even worse after FSU losing big this weekend. 

4. Oregon State - bye week so no damage done. 

3. Colorado - won convincingly but the only power 2 team they've played destroyed them. 

2. USC - managed to not lose to Wisconsin. 

1. Oregon - looking better. 

How about a tier list. 

Tier 1: Oregon 

Tier 2: USC 

Tier 3: Colorado, Oregon State, Cal and Arizona State 

Tier 4: Arizona, Washington, WSU, Standford and UCLA 

There is a BIG drop off between tier 2 and 3. The old pac-12 isn't looking that strong this year to put it bluntly. 

As for the scrap-12 members... They're middling at best and that's all they are and all they'll ever really be outside of an up year here or there that puts them into tier 2 range but they'll never be tier 1. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Game Day to Cal!

Edited by JabbaNoBargain