Desert Duck

Fake Injuries: Who Needs Time-Outs Anymore?

I'm kind of wondering, with the number players having 'injuries' in a game, who needs time outs anymore?

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

Takes me back to the Chip Kelly days. That was the only way to stop the offense. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The greatest display of faking that I've ever seen by a mile was when we played @ Cal in 2010. It was a beautiful day at Strawberry Canyon, and Cal nearly succeeded in beating us. 

Here's one of just many fake Cal injuries that day. 

Edited by Desert Duck
To add video

The guys who was ordering his defensive linemen to fake injuries for Cal back in 2010 is now OBD’s defensive coordinator.

• Haha 2

On 9/28/2024 at 2:23 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

The guys who was ordering his defensive linemen to fake injuries for Cal back in 2010 is now OBD’s defensive coordinator.

That's too funny. I didn't know that. I tried to attach a link to a bunch of the Cal players faking injuries in that game, but for some reason could not attach it.

I was at that game and the Cal fake injury acting was absolutely unbelievable... and it just kept coming. 

But somehow, we pulled out one of the ugliest wins I've ever seen... 15-13.

https://youtu.be/BEr6tHeuKnA?si=axz877sFYVm_TrWG

On 9/28/2024 at 5:35 PM, Desert Duck said:

That's too funny. I didn't know that. I tried to attach a link to a bunch of the Cal players faking injuries in that game, but for some reason could not attach it.

I was at that game and the Cal fake injury acting was absolutely unbelievable... and it just kept coming. 

But somehow, we pulled out one of the ugliest wins I've ever seen... 15-13.

https://youtu.be/BEr6tHeuKnA?si=axz877sFYVm_TrWG

Ugly win with horrible FG kicking on both sides. However, Oregon burned the last 9 minutes with a long drive then kneeled out the clock down near Cal’s goal line.

• Thumbs Up 1

You have to respect Tedford’s integrity on this one. Although, it’s possible that he may have known what was going on.

WWW.SBNATION.COM

We now know what the consequences were for the California football program in the fake-injury controversy: Defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi was suspended for the loss to Washington on...

QuackyQuack, Do you remember when OBDs played LSU in Arlington to begin the football season (might have been 2010 or '11) and Chip was coach? Believe that was the Mamba's first game as a Duck.

Though the Ducks had problems scoring (we scored 27 points), and LSU had problems with our tempo and their two-QB substitutions, the LSU line (at least two D-linemen) did that fake injury roll around the ground as we drove toward their endzone. No one (first aid or medical staff) from the LSU sideline initially came out, and it was obvious the D-Line and linemen were "gassed".

Eventually, more actors were added as the medical staff had to check them, and finally one may have come off the field while the other got up, stretched and was ready to go after he had some oxygen, or something. It was totally ridiculous. LSU still scored 41 or 42 points.

If the LSU players had not participated in the farce, OBDs using our offensive tempo, would have blown right through their D-Line.

There were no Academy Awards given to the LSU D-line that year.

VR,

KCDuck1

Edited by KCDuck1
Re-stated a sentence to simplify the statement.
  • Applause 1