30Duck

Duck "Haters" Are Not All Bad

In fact, Aaron Fentress insists he is not a "Hater" and he performs a necessary function on "Talkin' Ducks".  The show would be useless, and boring, if it was nothing but happy talk about the Ducks every week. It is good to hear, perhaps a negative spin, if only to make the positive even stronger afterwards. So, while Fentress frustrates me every week, I appreciate it. 

Stream episode BFT Interview: Aaron Fentress by John Canzano BFT Podcast  podcast | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

True. Even some great Duck fans are just....not very noble.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

Fentress is ok, but definitely goes out of his way to be the villain. When he starts trying too hard is when he strays into being annoying.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fentress does not like the Ducks. He is an SEC guy all the way.

On 10/24/2024 at 6:03 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Fentress is ok, but definitely goes out of his way to be the villain. When he starts trying too hard is when he strays into being annoying.

Yes, there's little nuance to his role, and his never subtle position that he's right. On today's show he was making his point that Oregon's defense, giving up 31 to Ohio State, was perhaps not all that much and could have trouble in the future, seeming not to be aware that Ohio State's D gave up 32. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Fentress is the reason I don't watch Talking Ducks anymore.

• Applause 1

Doesn't bug me much as ANewman, JoeyH and JKent are objective 'homers' and smack Fentress down when he goes off the rails. It's ok to emphasize the negative when it's got some fact basis and is done for entertainment value.

All of them were appropriately skeptical about OBD's chances against tOSU, not just Fentress. As former players (ex. Fentress) they all have good insights. It's not like the Cowherds of the world that never played a lick and are blue blood jock sniffers.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1