Charles Fischer

Cristobal on the Future of Oregon's Defense

(Press Release from Oregon Athletics0

Question: Will this be what we see of this defense week in and week out?

CRISTOBAL: "Well, I think you saw some really great moments in the UCLA game. You’re a fourth down stop away from having the ball at their 40 up by 17 [points]. And then against Colorado, you see we pulled out our guys, we gave up 14 points but you saw some really impressive play. And then you stack this one on top of that. You’re seeing this scheme, these players, it’s all falling in, it’s all galvanizing itself, it’s all getting in sync. Guys are starting to gel. Guys are starting to become much more comfortable playing beside each other. There’s more consistency in which players are playing beside each other so we hope that’s a trend that continues to go upwards."

Question:  What allowed your secondary to have success in the passing game?

CRISTOBAL: "A combination of things. I think the front seven certainly made a difference with the pressure. The weather helped some. It wasn’t a passing type of game. But I just felt that we played our leverages a lot better. We played our techniques a lot better. Our eye discipline was night and day better and that has been a huge focal point for our secondary, our coaches and it showed up big tonight."

Full Size Bassa celebrates a stop_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

Jeffrey Bassa celebrates a big 3rd down stop...

Mr. FishDuck