Charles Fischer

Halftime Adjustments that Created 14 Unanswered Points

(Press Release from Oregon Athletics)

Question: What adjustments were made at halftime to come out and score 14 unanswered points to start the second half?

CRISTOBAL: "Well we saw some things in formations where we felt we could have an advantage. They did some different things in the first half and not earth-shatteringly different but the way you play your post/safety defenses and coverages. I mean you can drop a guy in, outside the box - scoot him in, scoot him out. Again vis versa, however you do it. But either way, you’re blocking responsibilities and your leverages change and we identified a couple things we felt we could take advantage of, we did that right out of the chute, just came out and did it and it paid off for us."

Question:  On the flexibility on the offensive line with various injuries during the season…

CRISTOBAL: "Well for the guys up front, Coach Mirabal and that offensive line, the type of work that they do, the level of teaching, the level of developing that goes on there is different and it’s really shown up this year. I’m glad - I mean, when you dissect a play like that - it’s good to know it’s being noticed for them. Not that they care.

I mean, those guys aren’t asking for any kind of publicity, but it’s good that you see that because that’s a lot of work, man. When you have guys in there that are trained at all five positions and can go in and do it, it means a lot. And look when it paid off. When one of our leaders goes down, when we need a big-time play and big-time playmakers are some of your offensive linemen and George was that on that play."

Anthony Brown_Jerry Thompson.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck