Jon Joseph

PREDICTED WEEK 2 PLAYOFF RANKINGS - 11/9/21

1. 9-0  GEORGIA- Thank you Kirby for (barely) calling off the Dawgs. I had MIZZU +38 and covered by 1 point.  UGA D has not surrendered more than 14 points this season!

2. 8-1 ALABAMA - Bama is far from a complete team. As I thought would happen LSU took Bama to the very end of the game. But it's Bama, so the Tide will stay at 2. However, the Tide has yet to face a brutal New Mexico State team in Tuscaloosa! (And Orgon has to play on the road at Utah instead of NM ST at home? Savvy PO scheduling Pac-12 , very savvy.)

3. 8-1 OREGON - On the road against a .500 rival and in crummy weather Oregon covered. Not helped by the Fresno loss to Boise. Ditto the Beavs L to the Buffs. Not long term helped by the bad L on The Farm which is looking worse every Saturday. On a rainy day I am most happy for the W and the cover. Just Win Ducks!

4. 8-1 OHIO STATE - Thank goodness for a great back up WR and a spot on FG kicker; Oregon's signature win was on the brink. IMO, no way Frost should not get another year.

5. 9-0 CINCINNATI - After a 3 hour whine party hosted by ESPN, with Desmond bringing the cheese, the Bearcats were lucky Tulsa didn't steal the main course.

6. 8-1 MICHIGAN STATE - Purdue put a stamp on its giant killer reputation and with Minnesota's loss the Boilermakers are in the running for a B1G W title.

7. 8-1 MICHIGAN - Defeated Indiana handily; far more convincingly than did Cincinnati. 

8  9-0 OKLAHOMA - Idle - Stretch run coming against Baylor, Iowa State and Oklahoma State. SOS took a hit yesterday with the Baylor loss at TCU.

9  8-1 NOTRE DAME - Sunk the Middies far more impressively than did Cincy. Is there an impressive win on this schedule? Weakest ND schedule in years. USC and Stanford?

10 8-1 OKLAHOMA STATE - A beat down of a tough opponent on the road at West Virginia. Gave up but 133 yards of offense to W VA. Hurt by the L at Iowa State but still very much in the running for the B12 title. OOC win at Boise is looking better.

It's a 7-2 team but after throttling 13 Auburn yesterday and with the win over Bama, plus playing in THE SEC!,  A+M could move into the top 10? Ditto, 7-2 Mississippi?

13 Auburn, 17 Mississippi State and 18 Kentucky all lost yesterday. But dollars to donuts the SEC will still have 7 ranked teams come Tuesday?

I agree Jon, despite Alabama's tepid performance at home against LSU, they won,and The Committee" is not going to drop 'Bama after a win.

On 11/7/2021 at 10:05 AM, Confused said:

I think that is why any win against LSU is going to be more credible than a win against a Pac 12 team.  

The SEC LSU team that was beaten by Pac-12 UCLA ?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/7/2021 at 1:09 PM, 30Duck said:

The SEC LSU team that was beaten by Pac-12 UCLA ?

Noting to see here. move right along.