30Duck

Oregon Men's Basketball Friday Night Against SMU

It's at 8:00 PM tonight PST on the Pac-12 Network!

The fellow in the picture above is Jacob Young, younger brother of Joseph Young who was quite an All-Star for us years back.  Well Jacob looks to be bigger and thicker, but he showed us that he has the "Young" touch the other night as he was a good shooter.

I love this cross-over time period between football and basketball.

Mr. FishDuck

Jordan, but no Ernie tonight. The Ducks came out blazing, and built a big lead early. SMU hasn't been able to get with in single digits as Oregon leads 50-35 at the half. Young, Richardson have made some tough shots, and Kepnang has been impressive on both ends of the floor. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2021 at 9:01 PM, 30Duck said:

Kepnang has been impressive on both ends of the floor.

Big Franck is going to be a BIGger role player this year. Much improved over last season.

Not meant to jump too far ahead, but next year we could have two 6' 11" players(Kepnang, Dante) and three 7' 0" guys(Biddle, Johnson, incoming Ware).

On 11/12/2021 at 9:47 PM, ICamel said:

Not meant to jump too far ahead

We can sure do that here! Oregon has never had the kind of size it has this season, next season is going to be ridiculous, Kepnang has improved so much in his all-around game he's not even recognizable from last season, and apparently Dante will be back soon. 

We've just talked about the bigs, the back court is deep with talent as well. This is going to be a great basketball season!

On 11/12/2021 at 9:56 PM, 30Duck said:

..........apparently Dante will be back soon.

Anybody catch N"Faly rocking out to "Shout" with just over 3:30 left in the game. He was looking good!

On 11/12/2021 at 10:26 PM, ICamel said:

Anybody catch N"Faly rocking out to "Shout" with just over 3:30 left in the game.

I went back and replayed it, as it is very apparent that he is IN the Oregon culture.  And having fun with it as we do...

Mr. FishDuck

My friends, with all the experience, all the ball handlers, all the shooters--it is the best I've seen of a Dana Altman team at this early stage.

Dana Altman.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/12/2021 at 11:08 PM, Charles Fischer said:

My friends, with all the experience, all the ball handlers, all the shooters--it is the best I've seen of a Dana Altman team at this early stage.

I fully agree Charles! Even thought I saw the MUZ being used.

Excellent ball movement.(Stomps foot while yelling MOVE). Crisp passing. Great shooting. Balanced scoring.

This team could go DEEP  in the big dance!

If everything came together....got the big men going, continued the focus on defense and got some luck--the Final Four are a reasonable goal, IMHO.

Mr. FishDuck