Duck1984

What Motivates Anthony Brown?

I feel like I know less about what it means to Brown to play for the Ducks than any other starting quarterback in history.

Am I missing all his interviews?

I saw a postgame interview with Brown.  He was very forthcoming, pragmatic, intelligent, and upbeat going forward.  I was impressed!

• Like 1

I for one don’t see any passion in his play like I do with the good college QBs around the country.

He isn't a dynamic throwing qb, end of story. His functional answer to almost every question is run.

When he is going to pass his limitations are glaring and it is interesting teams haven't taken advantage of this weakness more than they have. Last night Williams was standing still in the end zone and he luckily saw him and placed the ball in the correct spot. He made a couple throws he much have practiced a thousand times, other than that he missed.

The dynamic throws, where he has to read the defense, just don't happen. The question I have is, does Mario want him to throw the crafty throw, or just go through a couple progressions, and tuck and run?

I suppose we will have to wait until we have a throwing qb, but we have what Mario wanted. We have a pound it qb who got us to where we are, which I am grateful for. The questions I have can't be answered this season, it would seem. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Based on how Coach used Herbert, do we really need to wait to see what happens with the next talented quarterback?

UO has become game manager U in the OLD Saban model, based on Mario’s time under Nick.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:56 AM, Duckdude said:

I saw a postgame interview with Brown.  He was very forthcoming, pragmatic, intelligent, and upbeat going forward.  I was impressed!

I totally agree with Duckdude. Listening to Brown in his interviews, I can see why most of his teammates support and respect him. Last night in his post-game interview, he said this:

“Including the possibility on being in the playoff, not including the possibility, I’m going to be honest with you, it’s still a great opportunity in front of us,” quarterback Anthony Brown Jr. said. “I feel like as team we need to understand that and I feel like we do. It’s hard because it’s a social media-based world and everybody is hounding on us right now about playoff implications or whatever the case may be. But life happens. It’s not always going to be the best and today just wasn’t one of those days and Utah had one of the best days I’ve seen a team have.

“Looking forward, I feel like we understand that we have this amazing opportunity in front of us even though it may not be the playoff. But not too many teams get to play in other bowls that are up there in those tiers. I would say just be thankful for the opportunities that we still have.”

Edited by latracey