Jon Joseph

WHAT WE LEARNED ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY

FRIDAY - Jack Dickert more than earned the job at WAZZU. UW is simply terrible in every respect. The off-the-wall guy I'd hire as Husky HC, Bret Bielema.

Cincinnati beat another cupcake on the way to the AAC title game,. Next, versus a ranked Houston team led by Dana Holgerson; winners of 11 straight games. since an opening game L at TX Tech.

Iowa wins in Lincoln and will play, after Wisky's loss to Minny,  Michigan for the B10 title. In a hard to believe stat, NEBRASKA has lost 9 1 score games this season! A new and dubious record.

11-1 San Diego State took care of Boise and will play Utah State in the MW Champ game. Will Hoke start getting looks for a bigger job? UT ST has a W at WA ST; SDS defeated Utah in double OT.

SATURDAY - Jim Harbough? IT IS ALIVE! Buckeyes owned on both LOS. Get past a no-O Iowa in the B1G champ game and Michigan is in the final 4 with Harbough likely to have his full pay restored?

No TD for 59M 30S. Your QB is sacked 7 times yet somehow throws for over 300+ yards? You take the 2nd set of OT ping pong and you are still alive for the final 4. This has been a charmed year for a not so great Bama team. Comes to a close next week vs Georgia.

Coach O and LSU defeat the coach the Tigers fired O to get by stifling the A+M run game and coming with a late TD pass thrown by a back up QB. Scott Woodward, LSU AD, is running out of big names to bring to Baton Rogue.

Pitt and Wake both make their cast to play for the ACC title. Should be a heck of a battle between 2 excellent QBs.

Hats Off To BYU! 5-0 vs the Pac-12 including a victory over the south champ and the north runner up. 

PLAYOFF - No ACC and no Pac-12. I do not see Bama defeating Georgia? I do see OK ST defeating Baylor. Notre Dame is 11-1. Lose vs Cincy and its 'top 25' win over Wisky could very well disappear after Wisky lost on Saturday to possibly fall out of the top 25 at 8-4.

MY GUESS?

1. GEORGIA

2. MICHIGAN

3. OKLAHOMA ST

4. CINCINNATI

The above would be a big change from what we have witnessed over the last few seasons?

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/28/2021 at 12:04 PM, Jon Joseph said:

MY GUESS?

1. GEORGIA

2. MICHIGAN

3. OKLAHOMA ST

4. CINCINNATI

That's what I had as well. The Committee will show some foresight if they match this, by pushing 'Bama out based on that 4OT escape against Auburn, and not waiting to see how "Tough" they play Georgia.

On 11/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, 30Duck said:

That's what I had as well. The Committee will show some foresight if they match this, by pushing 'Bama out based on that 4OT escape against Auburn, and not waiting to see how "Tough" they play Georgia.

30 I think Bama is is top 4 Tuesday but is gone after the SEC champ game. OK ST if it defeats Baylor again is in the top 4 and not Notre Dame.

But Cincy vs 11-1 Houston will not be a lay up. Houston has won 11 games in a row after the opening game to TX Tech and Houston has its HC, Holgerson, staying and not moving on to the B12 as did SMU.

On 11/28/2021 at 4:15 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Houston will not be a lay up

With the Committee, Alabama will probably stay til the bitter end. Houston has never been the same after this:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not very classy, but funny!

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/28/2021 at 6:06 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Not very classy, but funny!

It looks like The Duck binged on Pro Wrestling the night before. This was the first game of 2007, Oregon 48 Houston 27.

• Haha 1

AAC Champ Game is not a neutral site game. It's Houston at Cincinnati -10.5. Weather like OH ST at MI and MI at Penn St?