Charles Fischer

Tasty Stuff: Dale Newton's "Countdown to Chaos"

Dale has been reporting Oregon recruiting and Oregon Football news for years, and I always learn from him and enjoy his writing.

Duck Nuggets: Countdown to Chaos by Dale Newton of DSA

Two weeks to Signing Day, home visits and the contact period have started, and college football has gone completely bonkers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Tasty Nuggets indeed, Early Signing Day is approaching, and Coach's agents are busy! That was a great group of Recruits at the game against the Beavers, and Oregon's commits are holding steady after Riley's move to USC.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:58 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Dale has been reporting Oregon recruiting and Oregon Football news for years, and I always learn from him and enjoy his writing.

Duck Nuggets: Countdown to Chaos by Dale Newton of DSA

Two weeks to Signing Day, home visits and the contact period have started, and college football has gone completely bonkers.

Thanks Charles, great post. 'THIS" is why CFB is headed to a Super League, with players paid, players likely being players and not student-athletes, a high school draft, players members of the NFL Union and CFB coaching salaries dropping to the level seen in the NFL. 

It's also the reason the majority of the Pac-12 teams will be playing 'JV' football.

I’m sure Riley will have an impact at all levels. Coaching upgrade, recruiting, and culture to name a few. Weather he can turn it all around at usc where only small part of the population is into football rather than 90% in OK remains to be seen. I don’t think it will happen over night.

While usc will pick up some California commits other schools should pick up some pretty good crumbs from marginal 4 stars that won’t fit their style. If we can keep stability with MC we should be able to pick up some of these kids.

Only time will tell.