30Duck

Is Riley to USC going to save the Pac-12?

According to CBS Sports Shehan Jeyarajah 

Lincoln Riley to USC: What the hire says about LSU, Oklahoma's SEC Move and the Pac-12's Future?

The league has lacked a true blueblood contender, point blank. That could change.

30, I don't know? But I am 100% certain that our new commish was doing back flips. I do know that the hire says at least 1 school besides the Ducks is all in from the president on down on CFB.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:25 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I do know that the hire says at least 1 school besides the Ducks is all in from the president on down on CFB.

Jon, this of course is what we know to be the case, Stanford couldn't care less about football. ASU has Herm, and is fine with him. UCLA is a basketball school, USC is a front runner. Cal? What is Cal, and of course Washington, with its great history

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2021 at 1:32 PM, 30Duck said:

What is Cal, and of course Washington, with its great history

This use of the "strikethrough" (the "S" at the top of the posting box dashboard with a line through it) is best ever, and truly made me gasp in how I reacted in agreement.  I love it when formatting can bring a reaction like that!

Mr. FishDuck

Guest KingT

Riley is a media darling who has been hyped for the last four years. He inherited a monster recruiting machine. He has a 0-3 playoff record with massive defeats. He is young, unproven and left Ok because he was scared to death of the SEC - a coaching graveyard. He crafted an exit designed to bump his pay significantly, go to a school with easy recruiting and a fan base that will be happy with 9 wins. It's that simple. Let's not make this guy a king maker, he's not Saban, Meyer, Chris Peterson or even Chip Kelly. Heck, I'm more scared of Mike Leach....