Charles Fischer

Womens Basketball Transfer "Tearing Us Up in Practice"

Kelly Graves speaking on another site with a tidbit we have not heard, and sounds quite interesting...

Taylor Hosendove has yet to make her Oregon debut after transferring from Georgia State. Since Hosendove, a third-team All-Sun Belt selection in 2020-21, had already transferred from one four-year institution to another (from Clemson to Georgia State in 2018) the immediate transfer rule does not apply in this case, and she has been awaiting a transfer waiver to be ruled upon by the NCAA.

“I think we’re in that window where we should get an answer. It could be as we speak. I’m very hopeful. It’s in the very last stage, so we could hear any time now," Graves said.  “We could really use her. She’s tearing us up in practice. She’s playing with the guys and she’s the best one on that side. It’d be nice if she was playing for us."

taylor (002).jpeg

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/30/2021 at 7:33 PM, Charles Fischer said:

She’s playing with the guys and she’s the best one on that side

Maybe someone can "skool me" on what "She's playing with the guys" means?

She is practicing with the men's basketball team? She's playing with a men's rec league team?  Kelly refers to his women's team as "guys"?

I am not positive, but I believe they have male players to practice against--not on the Mens team, but among the staff?  I am guessing--anyone else know?

Mr. FishDuck

There simply are not enough quality women players at Oregon to provide sufficient numbers for scrimmage, especially when there are as many injuries as we have right now.  Sabrina's older brother was one guy who practiced with the women's team.  I know there were others.  

Trying to make the link of a practice work, so you can see how they go at it, but I'm not skilled at that.  Doesn't want to go in the box below.

https://www.facebook.com/OregonWBB/?__cft__[0]=AZUnL5cZ_dKfg0eBIhomET3qpwo7DsU8lZ7Gl8aLcXPe_-Q24xK1Qg3WUIqHJUofqVETQ69C_-AG-lgpBqJrM4LAhGZQ6SNA2WjlylfUe8NijsnS3sipOYHK-0sY8J9Prb2rPBTBQ2JvRnejAATRKhG6IwXXEWFKPD-0aRg9cm6oHg&__tn__=kC%2CP-y-R

was live.

Live look inside an Oregon women’s basketball practice. #GoDucks
  • Like 1

Fantastic.  It works to take us to Facebook and view the videos from there, and THANKS for posting it.  I sure hope Coach Graves gets the "go-ahead" from the NCAA soon, and it would interesting to see this player on the floor.

Mr. FishDuck