FishDuck Article

The Oregon Offense: QB Trap RPO

En route to a 38-29 victory over the Oregon State Beavers, the Oregon Ducks scored points on six of their seven offensive drives. Five of those drives ended with a touchdown. That is a really efficient game by the offense and one of those touchdowns came by way of the QB Trap RPO. This is a play that Coach Joe ...

Read the full article here...

Anthony Brown_USA Today photo.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Great stuff, and a wonderful play for when the defense really keys off AB running. The first example Dye was wide open too, as the defense keyed on AB's running. On that one AB is just too good of a runner and can't be stopped.

It seems to show AB's tendency to run as a first option. I would hope this tendency would evolve over time, but that may only come with the next great qb at Oregon. We are fortunate that AB is such a strong, capable runner, as this has carried the team at times. 

At other times it has't given our team the diversity of options needed to be a truly dynamic offense. That is what we will need tomorrow, hopefully what we will see tomorrow.

Awesome analysis, again giving me a much better understanding of what is going on, or at least I feel like I do! It is nice to feel smarter after reading something, a novel concept!

4ymm80.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

This is so superb, as I was trying to figure out what Dye was doing on the touchdown play.  His spacing did not look like "pitch-zone" and as he went into the end zone--he was looking back as if he could get a pass?

And thus you nailed it.  The second example was such a good find....as I wondered at the time if Shough wasn't just faking the run, and then pull up...almost like a jump-pass.  But no--you figured out that he was truly reading a defender and making his decision based upon that.

Outstanding research and conclusion Coach Boles--thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck