Haywarduck

Is Mullens In Front Of The Players Too?

If Cristobal stood up to the players and let them know his story good for him. He deserved to have a good bye.

Mullens should have had a meeting right after that talk. He should have told them something which had reassured the players even more than the sales pitch Mario gave them. I am just not sure Mullens has that in him.

I am concerned the players have been left adrift after the Mario talk. Most businesses take the keys and change the locks when this type of thing happens. I glad we gave Mario some respect, but we have to take care of the program. The student athletes need to know they will be taken care of even better, and soon!

• Thumbs Up 3

Interesting thought. Did they name an interim coach. Maybe I missed it.

Maybe too many coaches leaving with MC?

But you are right. Who's in charge now and who, if anyone, talked to the players?

On 12/6/2021 at 3:45 PM, Haywarduck said:

If Cristobal stood up to the players and let them know his story good for him. He deserved to have a good bye.

Mullens should have had a meeting right after that talk. He should have told them something which had reassured the players even more than the sales pitch Mario gave them. I am just not sure Mullens has that in him.

I am concerned the players have been left adrift after the Mario talk. Most businesses take the keys and change the locks when this type of thing happens. I glad we gave Mario some respect, but we have to take care of the program. The student athletes need to know they will be taken care of even better, and soon!

God, I hope so!

On 12/6/2021 at 1:03 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Mullens said he's waiting to see who stays and who follows Cristobal before naming one.

On 12/6/2021 at 1:03 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Per this article

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/12/live-updates-oregon-athletic-director-rob-mullens-addresses-departure-of-mario-cristobal-ducks-coaching-search.html

On who will serve as interim coach:

“The priority is absolutely the student-athletes and that’s what I’ve been spending my morning doing. I met with Mario early this morning to hear his final decision. We spoke throughout the night actually, but to hear the final decision. We had the team meeting. I’ve met with the staff. I’ve reached out to the coaches that are on the road and talked to them directly or left a voicemail. That is the priority is maintain the support structure around these student-athletes. They’ve done everything requested of them to have a great season, win 10 wins, win the North division and have a tremendous opportunity to go to (the) Alamo Bowl and play Oklahoma. That is our absolutely priority today is to make sure we set that up. I’m trying to get an understanding of who’s going with Mario immediately and once I have that then we will have an interim coach in place and I shared that with both the student-athletes and the support staff.”

Looks to me like he talked to the players.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I guess it’s strange to me that most of these young athletes seem to be more trustworthy and adult than some of the coaches that are hired to mentor them. Maybe these young men should mentor some of these entitled coaches.

I tried my best, but not always, to stay as positive as I could about MC and his horrible in game coaching blunders and his obsession with driving a bicycle through a brick wall. Although we did see a little improvement it was unacceptable in my mind. 

Talk about someone incapable of learning mc is the one. If it wasn’t for some timely turnovers early in the season this team might have only won 4 games.

• Thumbs Up 1