Charles Fischer

Mike Leach: "The Last Time Texas Tech Won Nine Games"

You gotta give the guy credit; it has been 12 years, but nobody ever forgets a few million owed them....  (Gosh what a quote machine!)  Look I know it is not Oregon, but some things nationally are interesting to the point of laugher.  And he is right, as the Red Raiders have not done well since he left.

Mike Leach: Maybe Texas Tech will 'Deliver the Check' He Feels He's Owed After 2009 Firing by Andy Kostka of the Mississippi Clarion Ledger

Mississippi State coach Mike Leach

Mr. FishDuck

Guest KingT

Probably the single best pure on field Coach in College Football. Give this guy some talent and the sky is the limit. Problem is he doesn't like the recruiting game, which is his primary limitation. There are few coaches who give their team an active on-field advantage like Leach.

His "fat little girlfriends" clip is forever in college football lore...

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/13/2021 at 9:22 PM, KingT said:

Probably the single best pure on field Coach in College Football. Give this guy some talent and the sky is the limit. Problem is he doesn't like the recruiting game, which is his primary limitation. There are few coaches who give their team an active on-field advantage like Leach.

I can see where you can say this, But Leach only wins so much. While his offense is hard to defend because it's different than any other, it isn't different enough for his teams to win conference titles. Leach was high scoring, Cristobal ran out the clock, neither made in game adjustments. 

It didn't matter who the QB was for Leach's teams, or the WR's he threw to, they looked the same. As many yards and as many points Leach's teams scored, the assembly line characteristic and lack of wins, bored me from afar.