30Duck

Pac-12 2022 Schedule: Team by Team, Week by Week

2022 football schedule

• Thumbs Up 1

Perfect bye week scheduling is right at the halfway point, and before the UCLA game....

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I'd like to make 1 thing clear. In 2019 Rob Mullens scheduled the game vs Georgia to be played 9/3 in Atlanta. This was not a game that had been scheduled 'for a long time' before Mullens arrived.

This game was scheduled knowing that BYU was already on the 2022 schedule. This game was scheduled for the Chik-A-Fil money. You do not play 9 conference games and schedule a game like this. 

If a team is not willing to give Oregon a H+H, a 1 off in said team's territory should never be agreed to. 

Want to play UGA 1 time? Play the Dawgs in the Playoff.

OK, I'm unapologetically dumping on Mullens. OK, I am upset with the manner in which Mullens is 'managing' the Oregon football program in a day and age when 4 teams make the CFB Playoff.

This 'neutral site game' vs UGA is using the Oregon football team to help fund the athletic department and non-revenue sports. This is giving away a home game, say vs San Jose State, when the team is already playing 5 conference road games. IMO, 'this' is an in-your-face to Ducks fans. Can't make it to Atlanta, can't afford to trip to Atlanta? Tough spit!

The Mercedes Benz Stadium is less than an hour's drive from the Georgia campus in Athens. How many Ducks graduates live in Atlanta versus Dawgs fans? This is a 'neutral site' game? Compared to this game, Oregon vs Auburn in Dallas was a 'home' game for Oregon.

Again, I am not 'afraid' of UGA. Unlike Ohio State, UGA is unwilling to play a H+H with Oregon. Many the SEC teams have scheduled H+H games with Pac-12 teams, including A+M,  Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Mississippi, Mississippi State, LSU and Vandy. The idea that SEC teams will not come west to play OOC vs the Pac-12 is simply bogus. On the same day Oregon plays UGA in Atlanta, Utah is playing at Florida. But in 2023 Florida is playing at Utah. How in any way is Florida's recruiting improved by playing in Salt Lake City?

This game is treating Oregon like a New Mexico State team when it plays back-to-back games at Alabama and then Tennessee, for a pay check.

But 'this' is right in Rob's wheelhouse. After all, he has a future Miami Hurricanes coach, coaching Oregon vs Oklahoma.