Jay Mac

Former-Oregon-Players-Are-Not-on-the-Fans-Team

I do not believe fans, at least me, know what goes on inside the organization. Thus, for former players to recommend someone as coach seems as valid as fan preferences. I recall talking with Charles in 2013-2014 about decisions being made and that we concluded the coaches know what they are doing. But the game results suggested otherwise. In other words, we fans really don’t know what goes on in there. Who is an effective coach and who is not?

Who knows better? Players… because they live it up close and personal. So for players to recommend a coach seems wholly appropriate. I think of the coaches I’ve had, as can all of you, and wonder “who is a better judge of their coaching acumen? The fans, or me and the other players?” 

Is Lanning a good hire? I hope so. I hope if he proves his value that he stays a long time. Yet I find him “green,” which doesn’t bode well for wins. Also, his references to players often use words that are typically applied to inanimate objects. That worries me as a propensity to be impersonal, to not view them as human beings, but as tools to leverage. I would not want a coach who talks like that.

Okay...so you think former players make better decisions that we would and you are skeptical about the new coach.

No sweat; we disagree.

The former players are not working in the best interests of the majority of the fans...and I know that from what they did and was the two events discussed in the article.  And BTW...this really belongs in that thread.

Mr. FishDuck

I'm not understanding why this is a separate thread with the same title but with dashes.

• Thumbs Up 1

At first I thought I lost my mind-then I realized it was a new thread. 

Sorry, I did not find another thread on this article. Maybe I need to use a PC instead of an iPad to access.