30Duck

Oregon Men's Basketball: Pepperdine at Oregon, 6:00 PT on the Pac-12 Network

Coming off their best performance of the season against No.1 Baylor, Oregon needs to play the same game against the Waves.

🙈

Judging from all the comments here……….appears to me Altman has lost fan interest in this year’s team.  That’s a shame……..but, when you are forced to roll the dice almost every year, because of graduation and early transfers, you’re bound to “crap out” at some point.  The remarkable thing is how he’s avoided it for so long!

I don’t mean to be mean, but, it appears that his plan for this year was for Richardson to be the “Rock” to lead this team.  Problem is: That’s not Richardson’s plan.  He tries,  that’s apparent, but………..it’s just not part of his game.  No fault to him.  He’s just “one of the oars, not the main sail”.  And…..an oar can’t be a sail…..

Nice game by Bittle this evening.  Played best of the bigs and is sure to see more playing time going forward.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watching these Duck games in the super nice but boring Matt Court makes me miss the energy of Mac Court. Those bleachers were definitely not comfortable but it sure was a much better environment to watch a game. It appears most of the seats around the court tonight were filled with middle age fans that don't seem to be that into the game. Miss the days of the Pitt Crew and even the "normal students" having fun and making noise.

On a good night the fans could get the baskets shaking! I randomly played golf with Darrick Martin some years ago (nice guy) and he told me he said to Coach Harrick something close to "it's hard to shoot free throws when the basket is moving." He said the coaches reply was "try shooting with one eye shut!" LOL

Looking back at it going to Mac Court was some of the most fun I ever had going to sporting events. I remember being there in 1984 when the Ducks beat the Bruins and you would have thought we were playing for a National Championship. At one point in the game Don Monson got pissed at the effort of the starters and took them all out at the same time (might not have all been starters but I won't that get in the way of the story). Anyway, some things are lost never to come back and the energy of Mac Court is unfortunately one of those things 

Edited by LADuck
  • Like 1