Duckdude

Time to Pick Up the Pieces

😮🥱🙀

What a Disaster of a game!

I turned to the Cooking channel and watched stuff I don't even like when AB started the 3rd qt.

Can someone explain to me why we were so short of players on defense. So short that we had O linemen playing D line. TE playing defense. Is is true we had returning players just opt out for no reason given? If that is true how does that impact the studs that showed up and put it on the line tonight? Just curious what is up. I know we had some players declare for the draft and opted out. I’m talking about returners that didn’t. Anyone know?

Travis Dye was not a disaster. I sure hope he returns for next year. 

Edited by Phunteratc

Guest Axel

I didn't expect the Ducks to win, but I credit them for playing a competitive second half. We outscored Oklahoma 29 to 17 after the break. This game should be easy to put behind us; we can look forward to new coaches and a renewed optimism. 

On the other hand, the two Utah losses will stick in my beak for a long time, especially the defeat in the conference championship, which cost us another Rose Bowl appearance. It was our first loss in a Pac-12 title game, a bitter, humiliating shellacking, and it was Mario Cristobal's parting "gift" to Duck fans. 

When the Ducks aren't playing, it is always fun to watch unlikable teams--like Washington, USC, and Ohio State--and root against them. Now there's a reason to add Miami to the mix. 

On 12/29/2021 at 9:55 PM, Jarhead1 said:

I turned to the Cooking channel and watched stuff I don't even like when AB started the 3rd qt.

Too bad!  Oregon played its best quarter of the game in Q3!  If it wasn’t for the disaster of Q2, we may have come away with a W!

Overall, I was impressed with our YOUNG DUCKS.  They showed heart, and did not quit.  I think Lanning will have a pretty good team next year.  Let us see if he can coach them up to reach their potential…

I must say that I don’t think I will miss MC’s staff very much.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

With all the portal, opt outs etc, the other way to look at these types of bowl games is as this winters version of next years spring game.

I’m old enough to rememberers buying into the independents bowl and excited to be there, and as it turned out, so was Tulsa!