Charles Fischer

Oregon Football Site Manager Demonstrates What NOT TO DO

I shake my head when I see this...

What is the last two lines above about?  It is using his position of influence in an attempt to silence those who disagree with him.  We call it "Throwing Group-Shade" here, where you are trying to inhibit those who disagree with you by stating or implying some denigrating things about those who oppose you.

Is it really bad?  No.  But it is an example of what we strive to NOT do here, and if I or anyone does--call us on it.

Just post your opinion...that's it!  Don't post anything about those who disagree with you, or implying someone is not as knowledgeable, not as smart or even that they are "nuts" if they don't agree with you. 

Rarely do I get a public example of a leader on another site doing it, and we all can learn from it.  (And yep...I am paying attention)  After all, we are "The Forum with Decorum!"

Fans 2019_Craig Strobeck.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

As the guy who one fingers all my posts here on an embedded key board on a crappy IP mini, all my insults are short. I apologize in advance.

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2022 at 2:43 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I shake my head when I see this...

What is the last two lines above about?  It is using his position of influence in an attempt to silence those who disagree with him.  We call it "Throwing Group-Shade" here, where you are trying to inhibit those who disagree with you by stating or implying some denigrating things about those who oppose you.

Is it really bad?  No.  But it is an example of what we strive to NOT do here, and if I or anyone does--call us on it.

Just post your opinion...that's it!  Don't post anything about those who disagree with you, or implying someone is not as knowledgeable, not as smart or even that they are "nuts" if they don't agree with you. 

Rarely do I get a public example of a leader on another site doing it, and we all can learn from it.  (And yep...I am paying attention)  After all, we are "The Forum with Decorum!"

Fans 2019_Craig Strobeck.jpg

OH yeah as you know I paid to read and post on that site and I always called him and Eric out for terrible journalism and when they did their audio's it was even worse. The part I hated about that site is I wasn't paying for just Oregon Duck information as they rubbed our faces with SC, Miami and Mario and I didn't want to read about him nor Miami. I voiced my displeasure about it and they are a CBS Site which catered to the SUCK. I hate the site and they have a terrible ranking any way you want to put it. C+ is terrible and not worth the hassles. I continued calling them out.

Surprisingly Matt took it reasonably well and Eric was a Big P----. They acted as if their sporting knowledge was astoundingly great and it wasn't. Also like clock work every time a 4 or 5 star signed with Oregon their original ranking would somehow go down which there is a reason for this obviously. I had complained about this so many times it got a whole lot of fans rankled not at me but at them 247. I mean it's obvious there's some reason behind this.

On 1/9/2022 at 4:07 PM, Flyin Vee said:

As the guy who one fingers all my posts here on an embedded key board on a crappy IP mini, all my insults are short. I apologize in advance.

I mean don't get me wrong I loved both those guys and for what they did they just don't need to come back as there are better options sitting behind them. I mean maybe Lanning doesn't even want them and what about Dillingham as maybe he wants more speed for his offense in the backfield. I don't know but we are used to cat like reflexes and speed and more speed. If you want a 40 point per game offense then you more than likely want guys that can take it to the house when those big boys open those carter like holes. LOL please lets do that.

Sorry didn't mean to be vulgar but man those guys really stunk it up over there. Justin was really the same way before he did his own site which I don't even hear about Scoop Duck anymore but yeah he was very sensitive when I called him out. Yes we can and need to do it respectively. When your clearly being wrong then shame on you just like when Mario had the " CAHONE'S " to call out Duck Nation in a Stadium that a whole lot of them had been going to long before he brought his boring coaching style to Eugene. Telling fans not to boo. That was a huge red flag.