30Duck

Chargers - Raiders: Great Game, Horrible Ending

It wasn't a coaching error per se, but giving up a 3rd and 23, when the Raiders did the conventional run up the middle to get some yards, at the end of the half after the Chargers had just come back from down 10-0. Then a PI in the end zone and end up trailing 17-14.  Then of course the TO in OT. I don't know if it can ever be explained. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Herbert is phenomenal. The final drive that ended with a TD strike with no time left in regulation was one of the most amazing series of plays of the year. The time out by Staley at the end was understandable, but going for it on 4th down from deep in your own territory is unforgivable; especially in such a big game. Taking 3 points in the red zone on 4th and short, and punting the ball on 4th when deep in your own territory would have changed this season.

I truly hope Staley has learned his lesson about analytics vs game reality. My question is about the pass interference call at the end of the first half. How in the world is that not a horrible call? The pass in question was being thrown away by Carr and was not even close to being catchable.

• Thumbs Up 1

The 3rd and 23 play was a microcosm of the Charger defense all year.   They need to shore up the spine of that defense.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Thumbs Up 2

Seems like a complete lack of awareness on the part of the Chargers HC when he called timeout on that last play.  Why wouldn't he want the tie?

• Thanks 1

The words that come to me would be prohibited on the forum - to be nice Staley Couged it.

• Thanks 1

It was a bummer to see Herbert lose after everything he did to win but let’s also give Mariota props for how much he contributed to the win including that sweet late td.

• Thumbs Up 3

Herbie has a very long and bright future in the NFL --

• Thumbs Up 1