1Ducker1

The Final AP Poll is Out

Except for the top 4 teams it doesnt really mean much.

The Ducks @ 22??

• Thumbs Up 1

It means in 2022 that the Ducks play 'at' No. 1 and No. 19. out-of-conference. One of if not the hardest OOC schedules in the country. Then the Ducks play 9 conference games including 5 conference road games. 

Not that it means much but why is Cincy ranked over Baylor. Why is Notre Dame that went 0-2 vs the top 25 at No. 8? I have no idea why Iowa is ranked.

Mountain West and Pac-12 have the same number of teams ranked. I think this is a disservice to the MW. No. 25 SDS defeated No. 12 Utah. No. 24 UT ST destroyed OR ST in its bowl game and also won at WA ST.

Teams the Pac-12 could have poached finished ranked at Nos. 5, 7 and 19. And K ST defeated LSU in its bowl and TX Tech destroyed MS ST in its bowl. Houston defeated Auburn. Baylor defeated Ole Miss. OK ST defeated Notre Dame. I don't see the Pac-12 anywhere near the 'quality' of 'THIS.' The Pac-12 'exclusive club' went 0-5 in its bowl games and it is likely fortunate that the NC ST/ UCLA game was called off. 

2 Pac-12 teams ranked at No. 12 and No. 22 is further embarrassment for a conference that decided to stay 'as-is'. In a down year, 4 ACC teams finished in the top 25.

• Thumbs Up 2

The state of college football in the west needs to improve.   There were more teams in the final top 25 from the state of Utah than from the the rest of the western states combined.

Now I happen to think that is pretty cool but it is a sad commentary for the region.

• Thumbs Up 2