Charles Fischer

QB Robby Ashford is Listed on Oregon Baseball Roster

It is interesting looking at the Oregon Baseball roster and seeing Robby's name there!  He is a 6'3" 225 lb. outfielder from Hoover Alabama...

Oregon actually returns a pretty good baseball team for this next year with the most great players from the state of Oregon in years with the Ducks.

Robert Ahlstrom, North Eugene, (walking distance to my home) Pitcher
Kolby Somers, Hillsboro, Pitcher (did not allow a run in his COVID shortened time on the mound in 2019)
Nico Tellache, Canby, Pitcher, (A lefty for key moments)
Peyton Fuller, Ashland, Pitcher  (Dean's List, and was 1-0 with 2.84 ERA before season ended)

Gabe Matthews, Salem, Infielder, (On base percentage at .400 and Golden Glove winner!)
Aaron Zavala, Salem, Outfield, 3rd Base, (3rd Team All-American in 2019 batting .418!)
Kenyon Yovan, Beaverton, Relief Pitcher, Outfielder and 3rd Base  (Preseason 2021 All-American!)

George Horton's best teams were filled with players recruited by current head coach Mark Wasikowski, who came from rebuilding Purdue.  (Assistant at Oregon prior to that)  He is a coach that I believe will make Oregon highly competitive again!

Kenyon Yovan_UO Athletics.jpg

Kenyon Yovan, a .429 hitter who was an All-American as both a pitcher and hitter and is the first at Oregon to ever do that.

Mr. FishDuck

It's looking like 2021 will be a great season for both of the bats and balls Ducks teams. Baseball had developed a state of apathy around it and the new coach and new spirit is going to bring enthusiasm back. How many here remember, Mel Krause?

Don Kirsch was well loved too...

Don Kirsch in 1966_UO Library Special Collections-Archive.jpg

Don Kirsch demonstrating bunting technique in 1966...

Mr. FishDuck

1 hour ago, 30Duck said:

How many here remember, Mel Krause?

Remember him?  He taught me how to golf!

Funny story. At the first golf class Mel was calling out the names of the students. My first name is also Mel. When he got to me, after calling out my name, he said "You get an "A"!

• Haha 1

When you can't go down anymore the only direction Ducks baseball can go is "UP"