Jon Joseph

CBS - 10 CFB Teams That Suffered the Most From NFL Early Entry Hits

1. A&M - Staying, WR Smith - A+M also lost starting QB Calzada to Auburn. IMO  many the preseason top 25 are way too high on A+M.

2. Michigan - After finally defeating Ohio State and making the Final 4 coach Harbaugh may return to the NFL to coach the Raiders?

3. San Diego State - good news for Utah that lost at SDS last season but gets the Aztecs in SLC in 2022.

4. Georgia - Staying, Nolan Smith LB and starting QB and national champ winner Stetson Bennett is also coming back.

5. OREGON - KT, McKinley, Wright, Williams; plus the Ducks who have entered the portal. Possible big portal pickup? QB Bo Nix.

6. Ole Miss -Staying, OL Brocker

7. Purdue - no one of import staying. No boilermaker for the Boilermakers.

8. Alabama - happens every year. Staying, DB Battle, LB To'o To'o. Bama has already signed the top RB transfer out of the portal and one of top 3 WRs. 

9. Notre Dame - Northwestern AA DB Joseph (I know it's shocking but there is no familial relationship) is transporting to S Bend.

10. USC - London gone on O and DE Drake is also gone. But Riley is doing a good job of plucking the portal and the Sooners in the process.

Stetson back at Bama is no big surprise but this will make the Dawgs even bigger favorites over the Ducks in the 9/3/22 game 'at' Georgia. I also think this is another reason why Nix wins the Ducks starting QB job in 2022?

The most interesting on this list to me is the Harbaugh to the Raiders. He gets to Michigan, his "Dream Job" does well, not great, can't beat Ohio State, Last season he beats the Buckeyes, gets to the CFP, and now he might coach the Raiders? The AFC West is tough, K,C the Raiders, Chargers, and a chance that Aaron Rodgers could be a Bronco next season.

Just saw an Alabama OL, Tommy Brown transferred to Colorado, and RB, Austin Jones from Stanford to USC. 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:14 PM, 30Duck said:

The most interesting on this list to me is the Harbaugh to the Raiders. He gets to Michigan, his "Dream Job" does well, not great, can't beat Ohio State, Last season he beats the Buckeyes, gets to the CFP, and now he might coach the Raiders? The AFC West is tough, K,C the Raiders, Chargers, and a chance that Aaron Rodgers could be a Bronco next season.

Just saw an Alabama OL, Tommy Brown transferred to Colorado, and RB, Austin Jones from Stanford to USC. 

I think Harbaugh knows that he has checked the 2 boxes. He beat Ohio State and reached the final 4. I think he also knows that reaching the Final 4 is Michigan's CFB zenith? Jones to SC is big. No team has and will continue to suffer under the portal more than Stanford.  If you don't go through the admissions process on The Farm you are not going to be allowed to matriculate. Guys can leave the Cardinal but guys cannot transfer to Stanford out of the portal. 

Edited by Jon Joseph