Smith72

Oregon Football Opens Spring Practice (Pictures!)

Great pictures of coaches and players!

V5IUMWWQZBAV7CFPN2ZRV5XE7I.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Ducks opened spring practice outside at the Hatfield-Dowlin Complex for the first of two helmets-only practices before a two-week...

• Thumbs Up 2

Either RB coach Locklyn was the one closest to where the photographer was allowed to go, or he is the biggest coaching personality on the practice field 😄

No pictures including Jay Butterfield, he must be paired up with the walk on.  Thought I saw a comment he didn't throw well yesterday, not a good sign.

Thanks McDuck for info on Buttetfield's comment! I wondered where he was.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:11 AM, McDuck said:

No pictures including Jay Butterfield, he must be paired up with the walk on.  Thought I saw a comment he didn't throw well yesterday, not a good sign.

If they set up a drill designed for two quarterbacks, we'd only see two at a time. My impression was that TT was the backup last year, so it would make sense that he'd be in the drill with the SEC veteran.

I guess the trick will be to see if that changes at all over the spring practice.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:09 AM, Viking Duck said:

If they set up a drill designed for two quarterbacks, we'd only see two at a time. My impression was that TT was the backup last year, so it would make sense that he'd be in the drill with the SEC veteran.

I guess the trick will be to see if that changes at all over the spring practice.

Great point, it may be an indication of where things have started. I expect JB to get a fair chance at the job, and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. One of the most watched position competitions in a long time.

Back when Justin was the back-up qb there were rumblings about how he was the most capable, but few, if anyone, knew just how capable he was. Right now we have little to go on other than pictures and conjecture. We may not even get much clarity in the spring game, but there will be ample guessing as to what is going on.

I just hope we have two if not three guys who feel they are being developed and given opportunities to compete and grow. We need at least two guys who can step in and lead this team to wins and a dynamic offense, once again!

• Thumbs Up 1