Charles Fischer

Spring Storylines and Freshmen in Spring Drills

Great to read about the freshmen who should be still be high school--are joining the team.  That and some key transfers...

Photo-Mar-12-2-58-44-PM.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon’s spring practices are set to resume on Tuesday, bringing back some fun storylines to watch.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Agree the RB group, and coaching of that group may be the surprise of the season. While our qb play was subpar in comparison to the past starters, the RB position has also faltered. With a proven RB coach and a new speedster we may just see a renewed threat in our running game. 

I think what will be interesting is which coach is able to instill his scheme and player development into the program first, and best. We have a qb, and rb transfer who their position coaches wanted. Which coach can get their group playing up to the level we expect, and functionally into the scheme they want?

I would say our RB coach is the one who is most proven and under the radar. I look for the RB group to have a large impact this season. No more repeated runs up the gut will help. I think the coaching ability will be an even larger factor.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/27/2022 at 9:34 AM, Haywarduck said:

I would say our RB coach is the one who is most proven and under the radar.

I would agree with all I've heard about him, and his interview with the other coaches during signing day.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck