Notalot

Payton Pritchard Progress

Payton Pritchard is showing that he belongs in the NBA. 

2021-2022 season stat line:

PPG 6.2  REB 1.9  AST 2.O

While the numbers don't immediately jump off the page, Pritchard has gained respect while playing 6-15 minutes per game. Extrapolating Payton's production to 30 minutes per game his contributions become significant.

In last night's first round win over the Nets Payton recorded 10 points, 4 rebounds, and an assist in 16 minutes on 5-7 FG shooting.

With his competitive nature and willingness to put in the work, his best years are ahead of him. 

Keep your eyes on Payton Pritchard. I expect him to become a starter within the next few years and to have a long career if he can stay healthy. He will "get paid" with his next contract.

Go Ducks. Congratulations Payton.

2021-22 PPGSEASON STATSPTS

• Thumbs Up 2

The Celtics are playing well, and Payton is right there in the rotation. In a couple of years, he could be starting. It's unusual that a player stays on the same team his whole career. other teams are certainly aware of PP. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I still contend that the Celtics are not using Payton to the best of his ability (we here know what he's capable of). Boston still thinks he's just a 3 point shooter.  He showed a good mid-range game last night. But his point guard abilities (ball handling, probing, drives to the basket, passing off) have not come close to being displayed. Initially, PP was deferring too much to Tatum and Brown (who lose the ball so frequently themselves), but I see them passing to PP a little more now.  Smart is good because of his defense, but PP deserves more than 12-15 minutes a night.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

As much as I would love to see PP get more minutes and even start for a team, the Celtics have a winning formula right now with Payton off the bench for clutch minutes. He seems to have embraced that role for now. I would love to see him get a ring for his efforts. 

• Thumbs Up 3