Jon Joseph

Saturday Down South Take on 2022 Georgia Offense

They have 2 things that gets me flapping my wings. OL concerns and will top TE and WR be healed and healthy.

Ain't gonna matter tho they won't be able to stop our offense often enough. They are replacing 2 many players on D for the first game.

I don't think based on returning players and recruits (including reeling back in a 5* OL recruit from the portal) that the OL will be a big issue in Athens?

The TE room is ridiculous. With Bowers (from NoCal, sigh) and Gilbert if he finally has his head on straight. UGA is the 3rd SEC roster Gilbert has been on after Florida and LSU. The roster also has 2 more talented TEs.

Hoping the Ducks DBs this season will be better in coverage? Oregon will see a lot of 3 and 4 TE sets from both UGA and Utah. Play nickel but that will help set up some very good Georgia RBs.

I agree that with 5 1st round picks coming off the UGA D and only 4 returning starters back on D, Oregon may have to play to win a shoot out?

I do expect Bennett who won a championship last season to be better in 2022 without having to battle Daniels for practice reps and with another year in Moncken's O.

I think with Lanning and crew the Ducks have a shot. With Mario, there would have been no shot.

The Ohio State team Oregon defeated last season had its worst D in decades.

It seems like it has been a long time since Oregon had a D schemed against TE's, and as great as DL is on defense, he only defended against Georgia's TE in practice, cue Alan Iverson. If somehow Stetson resembled game manager Hogan from Stanford, that would be great. 

On 5/8/2022 at 3:12 PM, 30Duck said:

It seems like it has been a long time since Oregon had a D schemed against TE's, and as great as DL is on defense, he only defended against Georgia's TE in practice, cue Alan Iverson. If somehow Stetson resembled game manager Hogan from Stanford, that would be great. 

I think Hogan is a great comparison. Hogan did go on to NFL for a few seasons. That was a heck of a Stanford team that the Ducks kept out of the Final 4. Tit for tat.

Would have loved to see that Stanford team and not a way overmatched MI ST team (the over throw, sigh) play Bama.