Charles Fischer

Unbelievable! Ducks Win 5-4 Over vs. No. 10 Gonzaga in 9th Inning!

This game will make a big difference in RPI, in seeding for the NCAA and we have this game at PK Park!

850_2451.jpg?preset=large.socialmediaima
GODUCKS.COM

It's the first of four games against ranked teams at PK Park this week

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Wow! Tanner Smith noted how the picture turned his back completely to him for an extended period of time, and he sprinted and slid for home before the thrill could get there. Smith, stole home plate to get the first run!

Then Kassovitz hits a home run that bounces off the top of the wall and away to give the ducks three runs in the first inning. 

Mr. FishDuck

Quite a Pitcher Parade for the Ducks, as Christian Ciuffetelli started for an inning, then Stone Churby for an inning, and then two innings from Caleb Sloan

Logan Mercado got into some trouble in his two innings, but pulled it out, giving up no runs. Then Rio Brittan, followed by Matt Dallas who gave up a three run homer.

Dylan Sabia shut them down in the 9th, so a total of SEVEN pitchers held No. 10 Gonzaga to just four runs.  Way to go pitchers!

Mr. FishDuck

I was groaning about Jacob Walsh being next up because he has NOT handled low curve balls this season at all.  TONS of strike-outs waving at dipping balls that end up on the ground.

He gets his second strike...by waving at another curve going low...almost at ground level, and I'm shaking my head..."why don't they pinch-hit for him?"

Then he hits a double to win the game!  Coach Waz knew best, and that Fischer-Fan knows nothing...and grateful for it!

I love my Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

This is an important win in so many ways...

850_3272.jpg?preset=large.socialmediaima
GODUCKS.COM

Ducks return to Pac-12 play Thursday vs. No. 25 Arizona at PK Park

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck