Smith72

Oregon Wide Receiver Depth and Competition

It's great to have so many good receivers!  Go Ducks!

T25XD4JNVNAOHDOBX56PVL5NJE.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Dont’e Thornton is clearly in position to be a major contributor this fall and the addition of Chase Cota gives the Ducks a proven weapon...

2NYSH5VM5JDD7FY27VDZ3M3TNI.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

If the Ducks are going to become a more prolific passing team, Franklin will have to shoulder the load of far more deep routes.

I think it comes down to scheme and a qb's ability to get these guys the ball. There is depth, and they will all be competing to get open.

The questions will be can our O-line give the qb time to make the throws. Can the qb see the plays developing and make the throws. I have little doubt our WR's and the WR coach is going to bring more talent to the field.

The other area which needs to be cleaned up, is blocking by our receivers. I didn't read much about that, but these guys need to be warriors on the blocking. 

Our running game and passing game becomes explosive when the receivers make their blocks, dominate their blocks.

• Like 1

Good question Haywarduck concerning the O-line.  The previous coaching staff's emphasis on bulldozer run blocking never was capable of developing good pass protection.

I have faith (and lots of hope) that Line Coach Klemm will improve the pass protection!  I saw too many "Matador" blocks by our line unable to quickly move their feet to give the QB time to throw!

I'm thankful Oregon has upgraded our offensive staff with Dillingham and Klemm!