ICamel

'Dana Altman is Still Doing Dana Altman Things'

1391315966.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

No. 10 player in the 2023 class. No. 3 PF in the nation. The Ducks are in the final running for 5-star Omaha Biliew.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/19/2022 at 2:37 PM, ICamel said:
1391315966.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

No. 10 player in the 2023 class. No. 3 PF in the nation. The Ducks are in the final running for 5-star Omaha Biliew.

His recruiting is getting better with time. Proven HC while he's been here. I should add great recruiting.

• Thumbs Up 1

What is interesting is he wasn't a great recruiter at Creighton. Their best, most highly ranked, recruits have come more recently. He was a great evaluator, and developer of talent back then, as he is now. He is also, and has always been, an excellent game coach.

Has Altman become a better recruiter, or has Oregon allowed him to recruit better? I would argue good coaches know they can recruit to Oregon. The whole Scot Frost, can't recruit to Oregon thing was complete bs!

I don't know. 

His best teams were the Dillon Brooks led teams that got to the Final Four. Those guys were third year guys who Dana recruited.

But, 

That success was build by transfers like Joe Young, Dylan Ennis, others, etc. Who came in and led or played significant roles. 

None of his 5* hype guys have stayed or panned out.

Love Dana, best coach Oregon has EVER had. But he needs to build the base and win with his 3 year+ guys. THAT will bring it home 

• Thumbs Up 1