Log Haulin

Top 25 'Power Five' College Football Coaches

coachhotseat-1st.png
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The college football experts have ranked every Power Five coach from 1-65 as this upcoming season approaches

Pac 12 after dark seems to have benefited Mario in a big way. Has nobody been paying attention the past few years?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel

CBS is renowned for its hilarious comedy shows like, um, er, well...it's known for having some shows on television, I think. At any rate, CBS did manage to come up with a side-splittingly ludicrous list of top college coaches.

Lincoln Riley, the patron saint of bathroom-goers, checks in at number 4 on the list. That's some funny business right there.

That guy from Utah that everyone calls Wittingham or Whittington but never quite his given name is number 8. Dare I say, whimsical?

Jim "I've Lost 5 Straight Bowl Games" Harbaugh is number 9. Yes, please don't laugh so loud. I did say number 9.

Mario Cristobal, the poster child for disabled offenses, is a hysterically absurd 19.

And where is Dan Lanning, the genius young coach of Our Beloved Ducks? Hold on to your Hefeweizen. Steve Sarkisian is ranked above Lanning. So is Justin Wilcox, and so is Scott Frost. 

I finally found Coach Lanning in slot 54. More than any sitcom, more than any punch line, that ranking of Lanning has to be the funniest, most ridiculous thing that CBS has ever come up with.

I think Cristobal deserves to be on the list due to his recruiting ability and though we feel he has underperformed at Oregon, he did win a rose bowl and a couple conference championships. 

I think Riley is a bit high. I don't think he warrants a top 5 position on that list, top 10 sure I suppose.