FamilyofDucks

Not Ducks--But Would Love to See This Kid Drafted by the Blazers

__Ringer_KeeganMurray_JCG_101.jpg
WWW.THERINGER.COM

How does a future lottery pick fly under the radar for so long? It’s taken a long time for Iowa’s star sophomore to make a name for himself, but he learned patience early on, waiting for the right...

What a wise quote from such a young man: “Praise is probably worse than criticism. You get a big head. You think you can do this, do all that. That’s affected a lot of guys ... You can see the trajectory going up then all of a sudden, it’s a downfall.”

I'm sorry, but when I hear it took a sophomore a long time to make a name for himself I have to shake my head. I do agree the kid sounds like he has the intangibles to be the anti-jailblazer. I can agree this the direction I want to see the Blazers go if I am going to follow NBA basketball ever again.

I also like the statement 'praise is probably worse than criticism' something to ponder. We live in an era of enabled superstars, the era of grinders and kids with chips on their shoulder seldom make it. Reading about a kid focused on working hard and grinding is refreshing, thanks for sharing.

• Thumbs Up 1