30Duck

Just Like Football, Kelly Graves Wants the Old Offense Back!

Remember how it was with the Lady Ducks" You took your eye off the game for an instant you missed a basket, 30 points in a quarter? No big.

11109494.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Graves wants to see Ducks back to playing more up-tempo style next season

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad to see he is adjusting…

Mr. FishDuck

This is what I'm happy to see, reliance on player development rather than a revolving door.

11107934.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Kelly Graves happy with smaller roster, explains how he's decided to utilize transfer portal

On 5/29/2022 at 11:29 AM, McDuck said:

This is what I'm happy to see, reliance on player development rather than a revolving door

Thanks to both of you for providing these articles to the community.  And McDuck...I agree with your thoughts and where Graves is going with this.  Set what your offense is, recruit players who fit it and then help them develop within your offense.

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/29/2022 at 11:35 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Set what your offense is, recruit players who fit it and then help them develop within your offense.

It certainly seemed to work for Jay Wright and Villanova on the men's side.  Plus the Friars were enjoyable to watch. 

McDuck, you are so right about Jay Wright. His teams were not loaded with bluebloods like the elite, but he coached them up to play elite. 

There were few years that they didn't make the playoffs and sometimes went deep. Don't know what Nova will be like after his retirement.

BTW, they're the Wildcats.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:57 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

BTW, they're the Wildcats.

Oops.  For some reason I always mentally link Providence and Villanova together after both visited McArthur Court to play the Kamakazi Kids in 1974-5.